Administrator
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My day yesterday thanks to the girlfriend. Not in an 86 tho

Got my practice in this:

Then got some tractime in this:

Me concentrating hard
:

The Formula Renault was alot of fun! It was my first time on a trackand with 458s, Aventadors and Astons all out at the same time I was happy that I didn't get overtaken. In fact I managed to pass an R8 and a F430 in my practice laps which was pretty ego boosting (yes, I know it meant they were being driven by slow coaches
). Overtaking some exotica in an oversized go kart is also quite a laugh.

Got to meet Tiff Needell and being on the track at the same time as him in a new M3 was..... interesting. He passed me sideways on entry to the 1st complex

I'd really recommend it and Thruxton is a very fast circuit so very fun.

Edited by: Kodename47

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Sounds like you had a load of fun.

I've never been to Thruxton as they don't do trackdays there due to noise limits. Formula Renaults are just amazing aren't they? It's like the car becomes an extension of you.

Is this a prelude to some track action in your car?

·
Administrator
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I would love to do another day again. Wish I wasn't watchingthe pennies quite so much with holiday and the new car coming next month as I would have happily paid out another £60 for 5 more laps in the Renault. IMO if you get a chance to do these sort of days, make sure you get an opportunity to drive one!
I took the girlfriend out in a passenger lap in the MPS as the final part oftheday (driven by an instructor)..... thentold herI wanted to take the GT on a trackday. She asked if she could come along and be a passenger
RESULT!!!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Thruxton's just up the road from Feet isn't it? Now there's a thought. Group meet at Fleet, then trip to Thruxton (M3, A303) for a group 'learn to drift' session.

Nice pics Kodename47. Did you ask Tiff what he thought of the GT 86? I suspect he will love it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.