GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,During my preparation of my car (See):

http://www.gt86ownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic765_post9505.html#9505

I made a few observations that others might want to check on their own cars.
First, when you drop down the rear seats, the wiring to the rear light was wobbly, loose & rattling against the bulkhead.
I cured this by use of cable ties and sticky vecro at all the contact points.

Then I decided to get rid of the inflation kit, holder, and rear mats, - (all extra weight).

Then under the bonnet, there was an excess of green gloopy alloy protectant, - seemed to have been sprayed around by someone in a drunken fit! I suppose I should leave this...
But there were also one or two rattling sources, like the fuse box lid and air intake box - again , vecro fixed these.

Finally there was signs of mild rusting on the rear upper suspension arms knuckle, (I sprayed with Wurth liquid protectant).

It's worth having a good dig around to make a few improvements here and there !

Edited by: Senna

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
THere is a rattle just under the glove box - a loose metal cable run... dealer is looknig at it today.

Also the carbon effect trim moves a little bit - they are also looknig at that....

Under the bonnet everything is fine except the grean stuff. I suspect is to stop the salty air corroding the aluminium.....

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check that fuse box lid...it's quite a loose fit...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.