GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok....only a couple or so bits but I've ordered a TRD oil cap, TRD rad cap and TRD carbon front strut bar for my baby. I've still got a TRD gear knob
as a leftover from my Celica modding days when I just went crazy with TRD, TTE, Injen, Blitz, C-One and Wings West stuff.

I'd still like to get tints so I'll probably sort this out after I collect the car. It's a pity tints weren't an option as I would have preferred to have had these on when I collected the car.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Nice!

I'm getting an STI splitter and front tower brace.

Will do 'stage 1' once developed ; intake, remap, exhaust.

Then it's just a wait for a well sorted turbo conversion.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It is possible to order 'privacy glass' dark tints as my local dealers demo has them and he asked me if I would like them at the time of ordering.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice :)

I'll be doing a few simple things when I first get the car. Im going to order a TRD fuel cap first, then the oil cap. I may get window tints. But as LFA says, once a decent stage 1 tune is available I will be getting an exhaust, intake and a remap if required.

Still thinking of getting the TRD front splitter and side skirts once they become available in the UK next year. Possibly the Nur Spec rear wing too.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jonnykool said:
Nice :)

I'll be doing a few simple things when I first get the car. Im going to order a TRD fuel cap first, then the oil cap. I may get window tints. But as LFA says, once a decent stage 1 tune is available I will be getting an exhaust, intake and a remap if required.

Still thinking of getting the TRD front splitter and side skirts once they become available in the UK next year. Possibly the Nur Spec rear wing too.

Good stuff. My local Centre is RMB Northallerton so I'm not too far away. I still want tints but I really wanted them before the car was delivered otherwise it'll be a trip to Monaghans in Darlington. They tinted my former Prius and the results were stunning.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Cool, a fellow Northerner. We shall have to arrange a meet! Thanks for the recommendation on the tinting. I am thinking more and more of getting them.I think they will go nice with an orange car :)

The TRD kit is great but at the prices you pay to get them imported I am happy to wait until early next year to save a few hundred quid.

·
Registered
193 Posts
All for a group buy too! CTP (Cheap Toyota Parts) do good deals on group buys and I have arranged a few with them in the past so know the owner a bit.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I too will be looknig for a decent set stage one mods. Some tuners in the US have managed to get +10WHP just from intake and exhaust upgrades...... Im hoping for 200WHP

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Well that would be abotu +35HP at the flywheel.

Some tuners have got 20HP from an EUC tune alone so exhuast + intake might be able to get another +15HP.

The dynos look good. Torque it improve through the entire rev range. In fact the main differnet is +300rpm on the rev limit and the torque doesnt fall of a wall at 7krpm allowing you to hold the gear a bit longer (currently ist not worth going past 7krpm, you'll get more torque at the wheels by shifting up).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts