GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So friggin excited im test driving a Grey Manual tomorrow.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
its got the Decals on as well so will try to take a few pics of how they look.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
if you can get pics be really glad to see themI have ordered Burnt Orange in cloth and with Decal set and garage have confirmed delivery to me between 7-14 August

So excited

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think decals could work on white and orange and maybe red but not on the Grey

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I have ordered black decal set on orange car ...top and side decals ...makes it a little bit different i think

Will miss my Celica but looking forward to new car too

·
Registered
97 Posts
i didnt listen to the stereo system once in my test drive , think i was taken in with the sounds of the car at 6500 revs instead lol !!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Test drive all done, i gave it a good seeing to. Being a drifter i wanted to make sure it was capable and i con confirm yes it is. Yes the power is weak below certain revs but who cars. The cabin and trim are fine apart form the wanna be carbon fibre part.

So impressed with the throw of the gearbox its so minimal. I test drove a black one with silver sticker pack but also saw a Grey auto:-

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Think you'll find that's Dark Grey!!
Which makes me happy as I've got one on order. Looks awesome

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
just noticed 1 car has GT86 badge on back and 1 car does not?

very odd

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TBucket the first two pics are of a Black car with silver decals.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Test drove a black Auto today with silver decals and no GT86 badgeLooks nice in black but still want my red auto with no decals.

The automatic was miles better than I'd expected and the gear changes are a lot quicker than a normal auto if not as quick as a VWDSG gearbox. I really cant wait now!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So i test drove another one today which helped me cement my decision. It was a Silver manual with Black decals:-

What concerned me was on both the cars they had there, these openings were left uncovered:-

I'm guessing its for Mudflaps.

They also had a Red Automatic there:-

I remembered to test the stereo as well and if you fiddle with settings the sound actually comes out pretty nice.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yep wasnt on the red one either.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Red looks GREAT!! I've sat in that actual red car, you were at Steven Eagells in St Albans.

The openings on the rear wheel arch have been on all the GT86's i've seen and like you I think they're for mudflaps. Thought there may have been a blanking clip though.
Edited by: en8wall

1 - 20 of 27 Posts