GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone, like me, suffering from tender love handles?

I turned a 2 and a half hour journey from Warwick up to Bradford into a 6 hour long journey which meant avoiding all motorways and most dual carriage ways. Went through Coventry, Nuneaton, Derby, quick stop in Tibself so see my old home and school, up through Chesterfield, then onto the Snake Pass to Glossop, then turned around and went back onto the snake pass, all the way back Stannington which was such an awesome drive, overtaking a quite a few cars and all with only just going over the 4k rpm but still below 6k so pretty impressed with the car, still can't wait to really give it the beans. Then I finished off by heading up some steep and tight hair pins up towards Huddersfield and then finally Bradford.

All that driving and I've got to say it was great and verycomfortable, however, shortly after getting out of the car, I could start to feel my rear sidequartersof my waist becoming rather tender. Now I'm not a massive fella but I do seem to be filling the seats rather well, which is nice while driving but not so nice afterwards, anyone else feeling the effects? I went with cloth seats hoping they would loosen up a bit after more use (as well as saving money) this isfeasibledon't you think?

Here's a quick snap of my car up at Castle Hill in Huddersfield:

Great weather throughout the weekend, up until my Journey home which I just stuck to the motorways as it was absolutely pouring it down.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hi Keethos, sounds like you had a really good drive going farther and longer than you had planned. Thats the spirit. Lets hope the 6 hours in the new seats was like 6 hours in new shoes, moulding it in to fit your grab rails.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL, no, don't really drink that much, but it was an awesome drive, the way I see it, it's similar to a good gym workout, the next day your aching cos you know you've done a good workout....tencher lover handles show the signs of a drive.....or some hanky panky but I won't go there

·
Registered
202 Posts
Not experienced this and drove over 200 miles yesterday in the car. I find the genius of this car is you can just keep driving it and experiencing its wonderment in comfortable bliss. I've never had a car like this, always got back aches from every car before it (csl, elise, exige, s2000, clio sports, mini cooper, vx220).

Next Saturday I'm going get my car run in with a long journey like you did, start at 6am and keep driving avoiding motorways.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I drove 2 lots of 2 hours last week and felt very comfortable in car.....but I have 1 question?
I have driven gt86's with cloth seats and leather seats and the cloth ones defiantly hug you better...the leather ones seems to be a bit softer in the sides and shoulder area's than the cloth ones which I prefer as they hold me better in corners...anyone else experienced this ?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm guna be honest and say I can't remember, but at the time the reason I went with cloth (besides saving money) is that I thought they would be softer with the possibility of loosening up, but now I can't really remember so can't quite compare.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Celica66 said:
I drove 2 lots of 2 hours last week and felt very comfortable in car.....but I have 1 question?
I have driven gt86's with cloth seats and leather seats and the cloth ones defiantly hug you better...the leather ones seems to be a bit softer in the sides and shoulder area's than the cloth ones which I prefer as they hold me better in corners...anyone else experienced this ?

I noticed this, so I went back to compare and they had the seat at nearly the highest position. I think the seats offer the same support its just how you position them. First thing I did when I got in my car was to lower the seat as low as possible which I think causes my legs to be more stretched and therefore not as comfortable as sitting higher. I'm probably making no sense here lol.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No that made sense, and I did the same but both for the test drive and now my car, I like how it stretches your legs, really can't understand how people drive so close up to the pedals and steering wheel. The only down side of lowing the seats so much is that it makes it more difficult to get out
but it does make it easier to get in, especially since the steering wheel doesn't go as high up as I would have liked it to so with it being so low, you can just drop in and miss the steering wheel from catching your leg.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.