GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Don't think they're going to get many converts...
but perhaps they're trying to appeal to those with more than one car.

Still seems a bit like wasted advertising budget to me but I guess it's good news for Dan and the site as it helps pay to run it for all of us.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
adverts are marketed for you. Only you will have a vauxhall add, perhaps becaus you have been on a lot of dealer websites lately or searched vauxhall or something recently. Me, i have a mobile accessories advert as i purchased a phone cover from a website last week. :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
rob275 said:
adverts are marketed for you. Only you will have a vauxhall add, perhaps becaus you have been on a lot of dealer websites lately or searched vauxhall or something recently. Me, i have a mobile accessories advert as i purchased a phone cover from a website last week. :)
Nope, haven't done anything related to Vauxhall as long as I can remember (until typing the word now in this thread - D'oh!).

I thought the adverts just came up at random... seem to get different ones all the time unless they're assigned to different threads or timed slots. eBay and Amazon seem much the same.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
They're most likely just general car related ads due to the category of this website.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
there is always a link i can assure you. It is just probably broad, you could of been looking at motorsport news or something and its bringing up anything to do with an engine.

It is a tad crap, lol.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
It should change soon - I've had a couple of people ask about advertising so I've changed the ad serving platform so that I can display theirs. These are just fillers served by Google for now...

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
waitrose and wonga at the moment

on the face of it catering for somewhat different demographics

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I see Suzuki cars and co-op insurance

Alec

·
Registered
79 Posts
As Dan said it's just google serving up various ad's usually related to the overall theme of the thread or website you are logged into.
I have the same delivered on my websites - ukmodelshops.co.uk and modelshopsusa.com
The important thing is that each click on these adverts can bring in a few pennies to the website host to give them a littel bit of income to support the ongoing development and maintenance of that website.
However, I'm not sure if Dan as the admin guru get's this income or not.
If he does then give one a click every visit to support Dan's efforts.

Keep up the good work Dan.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.