GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comes first:"At first glance there isn’t much to get excited about with the Toyota GT86. With a modest 2-litre engine it’s not that fast and with narrow tyres taken from a Toyota Prius, it doesn’t have much grip. The interior is plain too. Doesn’t sound like much of a game changer, does it? But it is.The GT86 is easily the best sports coupe on the market today — and at well under £30,000 it is also one of the most affordable. Its stats might not look great on paper, but out on the open road it’s one of the most enjoyable machines any amount of money will buy. Its secret is its chassis, which makes up in balance, poise and feel what the car deliberately lacks in grip.Prius tyres were fitted to make the car easier to drift, better able to make its owner feel like a driving hero. It succeeds in spades and exposes rivals such as the Audi TT and the Hyundai Veloster for the overweight fashion accessories they are."
http://www.driving.co.uk/features/4189

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
It's even more fun with extra grip too!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Got to agree with that. Just find the car so much fun, both to drive sedately and to hassle.
Also agree with the sentiment of a host of 'coupes' being nothing but overblown, bloated fashion accessories. Yes, I'm looking at you VW Golf in your numerous party frocks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We picked up ours last night & I'm a bit of a speed freak (my other car is a SR 180 which I adore).
But something happens when I get in this car I don't need so much speed, overtake all you like mr golf gti, M3 etc etc. Cause your not driving what I am & if you were you'd be smiling too! You literally just sit back, relax & enjoy the ride! Awesome car!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.