GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Same here, now you see the logic of my lack of GT86 sorties !
Edited by: Senna

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
The red is not the same for Toyota...

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Habu said:
I thought the GT paint code for red was C7P irrespective of what your country called the red, eg Lightning Red.

Yes I think thats right, though I think he wants the full code number, which I can't find at present.

I think I am right in saying the Subaru San Remo Red is a metallic though.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Habu said:
Ok, cheers Senna. Tell me, you haven't got chips too!
No, but like the Imperial Empreror, "I have foreseen everything" and asked for a touch up pen when I ordered the car!

I have only done 350 miles and holding back on long runs until I Get the touch-up...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Senna said:
Habu said:
I thought the GT paint code for red was C7P irrespective of what your country called the red, eg Lightning Red.

Yes I think thats right, though I think he wants the full code number, which I can't find at present.

I think I am right in saying the Subaru San Remo Red is a metallic though.
Strange that they're using the same colour code but the one is metallic and the other not.

This one doesn't look metallic:

but I don't know what the colour code is.

Edited by: sav.za

·
Registered
57 Posts
Subaru San Remo red is a flat paint, not metallic.
We use the Chipex touch up kits on our vehicles, the colour match is spot on and the best bit is you get a blending solution in the kit.
How it works is you paint the chips, let the paint dry and wipe over with the blending solution and it takes off any excess paint so no big blobs all over your lovely new paint work

Jude

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
OK cheers guys, I was going off the rather misleading BRZ brochure, which makes it looks metallic... I have not actually seem one in red.

·
Registered
132 Posts
jude555 said:
We use the Chipex touch up kits on our vehicles, the colour match is spot on and the best bit is you get a blending solution in the kit.
How it works is you paint the chips, let the paint dry and wipe over with the blending solution and it takes off any excess paint so no big blobs all over your lovely new paint work

Jude
That sounds great. I see they're quite a bit more expensive but probably worth the extra money considering the finish you should be able to get.

I've had the whole front of my car covered in 3M clear film so chips shouldn't be a problem but you never know what could happen to the rest of the car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.