GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, spotted an Orange GT-86 after work today driving along Willes Road in Leamington today around 18:00.....anyone here? Looked good....not guna lie...it took me a while before I realised it was a GT-86 even though it was heading towards me

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Either way....kinda gutted that I'm not the first to showcase his GT-86 around these woods....and I think this fella works where I used to work

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
AnielG said:
Think it may have been me! Did It have dents on the drivers side? (yes...mine is damaged already...the day after I got it a BT can smashed into the side of me! Well gutted!!!)

Hope you strangled the bleeder before he got away!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no way....I'm sure I didn't see any damage when I drove past....oh and welcome, glad to see another fellow midlander

Were you coming from Southam per chance and you didn't happen to see an awesomely white Clio 200 drive past at the time did you

Edited by: Keethos

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Booooo I mean yay....more GT-86's
Welcome!

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Reckon it is extremely likely tat it was a friend of mine who has had his car a week now. He lives in Leamington.

He's not a member on here, so wouldn't have seen this thread.
Edited by: Lauren

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello and Welcome!

No worries, I'm sure we'll see each other a bit more around the area! How come your interested in a Clio? Is this as a second car or are you not happy with the GT?

Personally I think the Clio is an amazing car especially for the money, just like the GT, it's not the fastest thing on the road but by god does it put a smile on your face and it's so rewarding to drive. Agile, fast in the corners (like driving on rails), revvy engine yet still practical (MPG ain't that great compared to what some people are getting on their GT86's). Not had any real problems with it at all. The ride (with the CUP Chassis) of the Clio is a little harder than the GT-86 both still have very little body roll (probably due to the low centre of gravity, the suspension doesn't have to be as extreme).

I was very close in not ordering my GT as I could have easily kept the Clio for longer but the GT86 just looks like an awesome car that I had to order one. Sadly I've not had enough time in the GT to fully compare but the way I see it, the GT should be very similar to the Clio and then some, especially since it's a RWD and so so low.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Keethos said:
Hello and Welcome!

No worries, I'm sure we'll see each other a bit more around the area! How come your interested in a Clio? Is this as a second car or are you not happy with the GT?

Personally I think the Clio is an amazing car especially for the money, just like the GT, it's not the fastest thing on the road but by god does it put a smile on your face and it's so rewarding to drive. Agile, fast in the corners (like driving on rails), revvy engine yet still practical (MPG ain't that great compared to what some people are getting on their GT86's). Not had any real problems with it at all. The ride (with the CUP Chassis) of the Clio is a little harder than the GT-86 both still have very little body roll (probably due to the low centre of gravity, the suspension doesn't have to be as extreme).

I was very close in not ordering my GT as I could have easily kept the Clio for longer but the GT86 just looks like an awesome car that I had to order one. Sadly I've not had enough time in the GT to fully compare but the way I see it, the GT should be very similar to the Clio and then some, especially since it's a RWD and so so low.

Ooops! I seem to have landed in the wrong club.

G

·
AnielG said:
Think it may have been me! Did It have dents on the drivers side? (yes...mine is damaged already...the day after I got it a BT can smashed into the side of me! Well gutted!!!)
That's a pisser. Glad nobody hurt.

Any issues getting parts or matching paint?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Any time dude, I wish I could keep the Clio and have the GT....but it wouldn't make much sense for me to run 2 cars (it's just me, no family runs or anything but do on the odd occasionchauffeur some friends and family about) plus I really don't think I could afford to. Maybe we'll catch-up at JAE!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.