GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I can't seem to find it and can't remember who asked about it, I've had a chat with our parts manager here about having aspare wheel. We can supply a space saver and tyre for £118.80 inc vat toforum members. Just quote GT owners club.

Call Iain on 02380 707700 option 2

Snows Toyota Southampton.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Additional weight sucks :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
SteveP said:
Hi All,

I can't seem to find it and can't remember who asked about it, I've had a chat with our parts manager here about having aspare wheel. We can supply a space saver and tyre for £118.80 inc vat toforum members. Just quote GT owners club.

Call Iain on 02380 707700 option 2

Snows Toyota Southampton.
Thanks for getting back to me on this, it was me that asked. Is that the usual price or discounted as Southampton would be a trek for me? Mind you, would help with the running in.....

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It normally works out about £135 - not sure if that's + or including vat I think that's inc vat! Come down get it run in any excuse to drive aswell ;)
Regards
Steve

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Thanks for that, might be worth a trip.
One other thing, well two infact. Is there a circular tray availablethat sits inside the spare thus keeping the carpet level and stopping it sagging when you put something in the boot above the wheel AND how much is the screw nut that holds the spare down?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's no tray for the vehicle as it's not meant to have a spare, The nut shouldn't be a great deal i'm just waiting for my guys to get back to me. Hope this helps

Regards

Steve

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
The one I had a look in had a polystyrene type liner under the carpet that had a separate wheel shaped piece in the middle with the can of tyre goo in.

It looked like if you removed this round middle piece of polystyrene it would leave a wheel shaped hole that a space saver could go in.

Next person in a dealer get them to pop the boot and have a look (and take a photo with your phone)

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I attended the GT86 launch at my local garage tonight. Myself and another guy looking at the car figured that if the tyres on GT86 are the same as a Prius then surely the space saver of a Prius should fit. So, we took the space saver out of a Prius and took the polyestirine storage out of the GT86 and BINGO, it fitted in perfectly to GT86 and carpet sat nice and flush.

See original post "Hong Kong gets a real spare" in Main message centre

Alec

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bit of an issue - the Prius wheel fits in the well but the wheel rubs on the brake calipers! I need to do a bit more research again

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Is there a fad for fitting Pious bits?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Steve @Snows.
How much is the bolt and presumeably the

big washer that holds down the spacesaver please?

What is mainland postage too?

Early reply appreciated.

Thanx

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
hetzer said:
Steve @Snows.
How much is the bolt and presumeably the

big washer that holds down the spacesaver please?

What is mainland postage too?

Early reply appreciated.

Thanx

This thread is 18 months old, i'd be surprised if you get a response.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Hetzer

There's another big thread on spacesaver sparewheels with pics of installations etc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts