GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to sign the paperwork on my new metallic black GT 86.I don't know if I want the decals on the bonnet, roof and boot. Has anyone got the black car with grey decals and if so can you send me a picture of what one looks like as I would like to see?
Thanks

Amy

G

·
imo, nope. They look dreadful, but some seem to like 'em.

If you like them, go for it.
It'd be a shame to fork out north of £25k and not get what you wanted.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I toyed with stripes but decided not to have them. I think they are a dull silver on the black car. Ask yourself if you want a Fast n Furious look or a mean black machine... at the end of the day its a personal choice. One says' look at me I'm fast' the other 'passes you and laughs at you' and you know its fast lol. I trawled google to find a black with stripes but couldn't find one. Someone posted pics from dealerships on one of the other threads and there might be a stripey one there.

·
Registered
626 Posts
They had one in the black with strips near Truro where I took one for a test, if it were my money I'd be picking them off after just looking at the car for a few minutes :(

I know they appeal to some, but I feel they do not do it any favours myself.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the pics - very useful. And has made my decision very easy - no decals!
I have has a test drive and I thrashed it and it is sooooo much fun! :)

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I was contemplating black side stripes on my silver one but wasn't 100% keen on them so thought i'd wait until I got the car as there are bound to be some cheaper alternatives available then. Maybe i'll design something of my own!

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
I think they look cheap and American.

No !

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
In the flesh I've seen a grey with silver decals and a ginger with black, plus all the dealer pictures of various on this forum and IMHO I would steer clear. But just my taste

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
i ordered them on my Orange car but when i saw an orange car with them on it i changed my order and removed them as it made the paint look flat as decals are matt...at the end of the day if you like them then have them..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree the matt is what put me off; in my mind I wanted a nice metallic black car with nice blended metallic grey decals so it looked classy. But I am afraid the matt grey has put me off; stands out too much.
Booked second test drive for 09.30am Saturday morning when the roads are empty and I can rag it about the streets of LS12! Will sign the papers and place my order then

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
brooke09 said:
I am about to sign the paperwork on my new metallic black GT 86. I don't know if I want the decals on the bonnet, roof and boot. Has anyone got the black car with grey decals and if so can you send me a picture of what one looks like as I would like to see?
Thanks

Amy
RRG Macc has a black with silver decals in the showroom, personally I don't like them but see their facebook page for some photos

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.321054201317626.76346.273853782704335&type=1

Alec

·
Registered
157 Posts
Personally I wouldn't have decals, but if I was forced to I would go for a black car with black decals. The stickers look like they have a matt finish so would be a subtle contrast with the same colour car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.