GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,716 Posts
It'd be interesting if the auto didn't have it, especially as someone stated the auto doesn't automatically shift up when in manual/paddle mode.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,230 Posts
It is there in the manual, there is the option to have the shift indicator and you can set your own rev limit light/beep, though I can't hear the rev limit beep (might be due to 20+ yeats of Motorcycling without ear plugs or a very noisy air pump I worked on once)

Alec
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
566 Posts
gt_sjo said:
It'd be interesting if the auto didn't have it, especially as someone stated the auto doesn't automatically shift up when in manual/paddle mode.
It definately doesn't shift-up in manual mode. Will look for the option later on and see if I can find it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,138 Posts
malcolmgt86 said:
gt_sjo said:
It'd be interesting if the auto didn't have it, especially as someone stated the auto doesn't automatically shift up when in manual/paddle mode.
It definately doesn't shift-up in manual mode. Will look for the option later on and see if I can find it!
why do you expect it to change up for you when you set it to manual? that's the whole point of setting it to manual, YOU decide when the time comes to select another gear and the car does the actual shift itself when you tell it to
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,721 Posts
Marveh said:
Nice, didn't even realise the GT86 had one, still waiting for my car so I have no manual to flick through


I guess for the first 1000 miles mine will be set to 4k

Yeah I've done that...but I'm starting to ignore it now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,138 Posts
ITGeekLondon said:
Because although your point is right, thats not how most auto gear boxes work! if you over rev they tend to change gear without any user input even when in manual mode.
that's ridiculous. that's why there's a rev limiter. you don't change gear, you hit the limiter.
then again, i never hit that point with mine, i always either change up myself or i leave it in auto to let the car do the thinking
 

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
Joined
·
2,140 Posts
ITGeekLondon said:
Because although your point is right, thats not how most auto gear boxes work! if you over rev they tend to change gear without any user input even when in manual mode.

No they don't. Manual means you lock the torque converter.

Edited by: Lauren
 
G

·
Crossed wires?AIUI slushbox 'sport mode' holds the gear longer and may nudge the limiter and will change up.
Same auto-box in (sport) manual mode will not change up and happily bang the limiter all day long unless you nudge the stick or flap a paddle.
That was how my old Prelude went anyway, although that was late nineties...

Edited by: lordgrover
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top