GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I finally collected my GT86.

Big surprise that it was not the colour I ordered. However,
it was the colour I wanted but was not prepared to wait until February for. Unknowingly
to me the dealer had found one in Dark Metallic Grey but did not inform me, so that
was a pleasant surprise. The SatNav was bang up-to-date too so no room for
complain there. However, they seemed to know nothing of the ECU update and
could not tell me if it had been done or not. The usual grommets and things missing
but I was pre-armed with these, thanks to this forum. Despite the foul weather
here managed a few km around Nice and she's running sweetly.

They guy who handed over the car did say to wash it with a power
hose and not put any wax on it. He’s still bleeding.

The collective knowledge gained from this forum put me in
the position of knowing far more about the GT86 than those at the dealership.
Thank you all for that, the real experience is now beginning.

Finally, yes I’ve acquired the eternal GT86 grin, my neighbours
are already calling the “le Joker”.

·
Registered
655 Posts
:D<div id="LCS_336D0C35_8A85_403a_B9D2_65C292C39087_communicationDiv">

Sound like a pleasant surprise! Random colour selection option.

That sounds like a Gallic stereotype - you wash the car once a year (whether it needs it or not) by rubbing it against a poplar tree!

Never mind the weather - get driving!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Well if you wanted to get it run in quickly you could come on the Peaks meet in Sheffield on Sunday

map

according to google should be run in just before you get there

Alec

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice thought Alec, and if it were not for work commitments for sure I would come. The round-trip would more than cover the run-in period!

·
Registered
406 Posts
What would the dealer have done if you had decided you no longer wanted the dark grey, now there's a thought you could have refused it tounge in cheek just to see the look on his face.Enjoy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steven, I was so shocked when they told me I think they were worried that they had made a mistake-the order formspecified Silver-legally they would not have had a leg to stand on if I objected. As it was I was happy, I do prefer it the darkgreat.UnfortunatelyIdon'tfeel well today so I think ill skive off work and drive to St Tropez for fat lunch

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
D'accord.. I collected my blue one yesterday evening. It's p*ssed down with rain ever since... looks filthy already.. the missus called me a 'big kid' last night, so it's 'playground time' when I finish in an hour...

SpecK

·
Registered
363 Posts
Special K said:
D'accord.. I collected my blue one yesterday evening. It's p*ssed down with rain ever since... looks filthy already.. the missus called me a 'big kid' last night, so it's 'playground time' when I finish in an hour...

SpecK

There must be quite a few GT86's in Essex now. Maybe time for a meet to compare notes?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
DavidGT86 said:
Special K said:

SpecK

There must be quite a few GT86's in Essex now. Maybe time for a meet to compare notes?

I'm up for it.... M11/A12/A13 areas? The Bull at Blackmore used to be a favourite venue for the 750MC and I think the Ferrari Owners Club meets there occasionally...

SpecK

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.