GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
** UPDATE 28/05/2013 - ACTUAL UK GT86 SERVICE CHECKSHEETS & SERVICE 'CHEATSHEET' ADDED BELOW **</font>

Not everyone wants to pay high prices for servicing at their main dealer, and as you know you can maintain your warranty if you get an independent garage to do the work as long as they use OEMparts.

Below are some spreadsheets I have started to create which shows which parts are required for each service. It has prices mainly from Toyota only at the moment, however I am endeavouring to get prices from Subaru also for comparison. Totals in RED</font> are incomplete at present.

I have spoken to Subaru UK, infact to the chap who wrote the UK service schedule for the BRZ. Please look at the BRZ chart below to understand the BRZ service schedule.</font>

If anyone wants to contribute some part numbers and pricing that'd be great.

Prices include VAT but obviously labour to perform the work is on-top at your garage of choice... And no doubt your local garage may be able to save you a bit of money using their trade discount..

I've changed the layout - all parts lists are now on the same document which I have uploaded as a PDF. Below is a preview image and a link to download the full list.</font>

DOWNLOAD LINK:</font>http://di.cx/stuff/Service_Items_Sheet.pdf

PREVIEW</font>

<b style="font-size: medium;">UK GT86 SERVICE CHECK SHEETS[/b] (Replace 15km intervals with 10k miles)</font>

Click link above image for full hi-res version

http://i.imgur.com/Ormlmhm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hqEQUSr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/o5QX2OU.jpg

<b style="font-size: medium;">SERVICE CHEAT SHEET [/b](Thanks to MartinF)</font>

http://www.gt86ownersclub.co.uk/forum/uploads/119/GT86_Service_Sheet.pdf

Edited by: Stu

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
How do Subaru compare for service charges ???

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First post updated with some BRZ service schedule info, from the horse's mouth. Need to get similar factual info out of Toyota.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I've just noticed in my service book that it recommends checking the valve clearances every 10k (the intermediate service) which seems a little excessive to me.

Also sounds like it could be pretty expensive if th spark plug change procedure is anything to go by.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The engine does sound like it uses solid followers, so it's technically possible! That's not going to be a cheap service item though. I need to try and get the proper workshop service guide(s) for the GT86. I've seen the North America BRZ one but that doesn't apply 100% here, or even to the UK BRZ.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Good point, and it certainly looks like solid followers.

But surely with modern machining tolerances and surface finishes, 10k miles is a little too frequent?

Afterall it's not a Pinto engine

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Updated first post Toyota diagram to reflect sump plug washer/gasket (2nd part number on this row)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Oil filter fittedto my GT86as purchased is a Subaru one; a trip to my local Subaru dealer has furnished me with a genuine Subaru filter (part number 15208AA130 @ £14.04 + VAT) and a new sump plug seal (part number 80316010 @ £0.96 + VAT); works out at £18.00 exactly for the pair including VAT.
Felt quite sorry for the bloke I spoke to in the dealership'sparts department (Ashburton Motor Works) - said they were still waiting to get their first BRZ into the dealership.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Updated first post with a third price sheet with prices from CheapToyotaParts.co.uk who are now a trader on this forum.

Still trying to find part numbers and prices for the fuel filter, engine coolant and rear diff oil. All service items in the schedule. Also still need to get hold of the proper Toyota workshop/service schedule as I am not 100% convinced the items at each interval are correct (the BRZ one has been confirmed by Subaru).

Would appreciate a customer registration number from a BRZ so I can get some part numbers and prices from Subaru. Alternatively if you have a BRZ and are willing to call them yourself and send me the parts/prices you get, I will update the spreadsheet and this thread.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Updated first post, removed some of the noise, and put all the charts on the same doc and uploaded as a PDF.

Still looking for part numbers from Subaru. I'm unable to get them as I don't have a BRZ! Would be nice if someone was willing to contribute.

Reactions: MPS

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
Martin F said:
Good point, and it certainly looks like solid followers.

But surely with modern machining tolerances and surface finishes, 10k miles is a little too frequent?

Afterall it's not a Pinto engine
haha yes it is quite frequent and all a big con to get service charges out of you! My 2009 Mercedes has 16500 service intervals!

Should there be gearbox oil on that list of parts?

Edited by: GT86Owner

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Manual trans oil isn't on any service lists i've seen (yet). Auto is though, so I could add that if people want it.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GT86Owner said:
gt_sjo said:
Manual trans oil isn't on any service lists i've seen (yet). Auto is though, so I could add that if people want it.
I'm pretty sure it in the manual though.....

I only ask as I am contemplating changing it...

It's only in the manual as an inspection item, not a replacement item. It doesn't appear to be a standard service item. I'd probably leave it well alone, even though some people will choose to replace it (and claim benefits from placebo!).

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just checked the handbook again and it states rear diff oil requires replacement every 20k miles.. for some reason i've got 60k down in the schedule! Requires clarification from Toyota I think..

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Martin. I should update this thread, Toyota have sent me the service checklist for the GT86 (even though it has the incorrect mileage intervals on it, but I have an email to correct that).

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
First post updated with the full proper UK service check sheets. They state 15k km intervals, replace this with 10k miles. I've got this in writing from Toyota GB.

These are useful if you don't intend to use main dealers for your service work. Whoever does the work should follow the service sheet to ensure warranty requirements are met.

Also added the 'cheat sheet' MartinF kindly uploaded above.

Edited by: Stu

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.