GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer has offered a 30,000 mile service plan (intermediate service @ 10,000 and 30,000 miles,full service @ 20,000 miles) to go with my manual transmission GT86forjust under £840 inc VAT . . .have other owners been offered similar deals ? (and if so, is the price I'm being quoted comparable to what you've been offered ?).

·
Registered
469 Posts
My dealer mentioned a 3 year service plan when I ordered my car back in June but at the time didn't have any exact prices. He thought it would be in the region of £650 and was available as a 36 month interest free debit so you could spread the cost. Plus, it could be set up on the day I pick the car up so it has been left unmentioned since.

He also said it should give you a 10% discount on any parts needed (though a new car shouldn't need that many new parts..!).

Next time I call in I'll ask him again about this as it was something I was seriously considering.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I was quoted £640 for the same plan.. sold very heavily on the fact that oil prices are only going to go up - I hate hard sell so did not bother..

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Sounds pretty expensive compared to other manufacturers. You see servicing for £99 these days at main dealers.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
tonyplym said:
My dealer has offered a 30,000 mile service plan (intermediate service @ 10,000 and 30,000 miles, full service @ 20,000 miles) to go with my manual transmission GT86 for just under £840 inc VAT . . . have other owners been offered similar deals ? (and if so, is the price I'm being quoted comparable to what you've been offered ?).
I got the same deal (about £860 though) for mine through RRG in Macclesfield, interest free paid over 30 months

Took it so no worries in future about cash at service time

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a quote, but for 5 years not 3. Was £1316 which was a saving of £110 against current prices. Five services at 10k intervals up to 50k miles, 30k mile front pads, 40k rear pads and 20k & 40k brake fluid changes.

Not a fantastic saving as they are getting your business for 5 years!

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
SteveP said:
gt_sjo said:
Sounds pretty expensive compared to other manufacturers. You see servicing for £99 these days at main dealers.

For a basic oil & filter change!

What else happens in the 10 and 20 k services? Air filter and brake fluid is replaced every 30k but interim services are just oil and filter, according to the service manual. I'd be happy to pay £100 for an interim service and £200 for a 30k one, and obviously more for the 60k one with plugs changed. £800 for the first three services is excessive in todays market.

edit: And a pollen filter every 24k or so.

Edited by: gt_sjo

G

·
^^ wot he said.

I was offered the same 'deal' but pretty much laughed in his face. Ridiculous price for a modern car.
It was based on today's rates -10% held for three years - worked out at twenty-odd knicker a month. Pfft.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I was not offered any service plan at all so my dealer has failed on that count and to be honest i was just too keen to get in to my car and drive it away

It will be serviced as usual though

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Angel C said:
He also said it should give you a 10% discount on any parts needed (though a new car shouldn't need that many new parts..!).

Most Toyota dealers will give you 10% off parts anyway if you ask and say you're a member of a car club\bought your car from them or something similar.

These main stealers make me laugh with their advertising campaigns of only xx amount for a basic service, which in essence is just an oil and filter change and a stamp in the book.

The parts cost less than £50 retail, and probably less than £30 trade so that's a hell of a lot of labour or a nice margin, i wonder which

They'll tell you that they do a full safety check, etc, etc. But even so that's a lot of money for a job which can be done in less than 30mins.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
i agree with you

Picked up my car Saturday and have found out that the following do not work...Rear Screen de-mister...Mirror Heaters...Rear Central brake light...and yet the car was PDI'd....i was worried so called dealer and they are doing another ( hopefully ) full PDI check this Saturday and putting faults right ..

so far i can not fault service from sales person and hopefully i can say that all was sorted after saturday but we will see...

G

·
That's piss poor. Give them a rocket and some compensation, if only a biro.

Have to admit I've not checked owt, just driven. Will give it a once over later.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Celica66 said:
i agree with you

Picked up my car Saturday and have found out that the following do not work...Rear Screen de-mister...Mirror Heaters...Rear Central brake light...and yet the car was PDI'd....i was worried so called dealer and they are doing another ( hopefully ) full PDI check this Saturday and putting faults right ..

so far i can not fault service from sales person and hopefully i can say that all was sorted after saturday but we will see...

How did you check the mirror heaters ? - on my previous car these were linked to the external temperature sensor, and would only operate whenit was deemedcold enough.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Car was misted up this morning and neither mirrors or rear screen would clear
Called dealer and they said all linked to same circuit

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Think it is down to window tint guy and not Toyota but they should have picked it up when the did pdi check
But best of all they are on case and I still get to enjoy car in lovely weather
Fantastic I say....

·
Registered
32 Posts
</font>Just had a
call from the main dealer asking whether I wanted to take out their service
plan. The breakdown is:<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /></font></font>

</font>1<sup>st</sup>
Minor Service £144.90</font></font>

</font>2<sup>nd</sup>
Major Service £343.90</font></font>

</font>3<sup>rd</sup>
Minor Service £172.91- apparently they change the diff oil and use ‘more
expensive engine oil ?!?’</font></font>

</font>Plus £39
for a brake fluid change at some time.</font></font>

</font>That makes
£700.71 (32 monthly payments) or -10% for one upfront payment = £630.64.</font></font>

</font>I asked
about the warranty situation if I went elsewhere and she said it would
invalidate the warranty if genuine Toyota parts were not used - even the oil!
Not sure about that. I suppose a one off upfront payment gets it out of the way
for three years.</font></font>

</font>

·
Registered
137 Posts
That must be one hell of a service. I have had my new honda for 3 years . It has only needed oil and filter and front pads in that time from a local non franchise. Total cost over the 3 years was about £220. Do you really want to pay up front for stuff they might not even do???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.