GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted this thread on the US Subaru BRZ forum - www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8374 - gives links to a selection of service manuals. These need to be treated with some caution (as they apply to the LHD BRZ, not the RHD GT86), but there's some interesting stuff in the service manual . . . for example, changing spark plugslooks like it's notfor the faint-hearted.

·
Registered
739 Posts
tonyplym said:
for example, changing spark plugslooks like it's notfor the faint-hearted.
!!!! Engine out to change the plugs!!!!! Perils of a Boxer

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
tonyplym said:
Spotted this thread on the US Subaru BRZ forum - www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8374 - gives links to a selection of service manuals. These need to be treated with some caution (as they apply to the LHD BRZ, not the RHD GT86), but there's some interesting stuff in the service manual . . . for example, changing spark plugslooks like it's notfor the faint-hearted.
Nice one, Thanks.

I know i'll be checking they install the Grommet over the tie-down hole. It soemtihng the dealers missed alot in the States.

Damn so many checks! The Toyoto production system states that if any defects are found they stop production and sort it out. Therefore you should not need this many checks and thus save some £££

I wonder if the cars are being produced using Subaru's production system since it in their Gunman Plant. Not as good

Edited by: GT86Owner

·
Registered
363 Posts
Man oh man I hope I never need to do a spark plug change any time soon. Good to see an oil change is very easy and well worth doing after the engine has done 1000 miles or so.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
DavidGT86 said:
Man oh man I hope I never need to do a spark plug change any time soon. Good to see an oil change is very easy and well worth doing after the engine has done 1000 miles or so.
Yeap, Im prob going to do it myself to save some pennies....

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Thanks for posting the link to these !

·
Registered
4 Posts
The spark plug change is crazy
its easy enough to change the plugs on the impreza EJ20 engine just be removing some stuff above it like air intake etc. Hopefully someone will work out an easier way to do it than that!

Nice to see the engine has a timing chain rather than the belt on the Impreza engine though!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts