GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,
Looking for a bit of advice......
Trying to make the final choices before ordering and wondering about what seats everyone has plumped for ? Normally I'd just go for the leather but I'm pretty impressed with the simple fabric ones.(like the red 'wing tips' on the fabric versions).
Looks like it will be a pearl white manual and possibly with the JBL sound set up as good music quality is a must. Test drove a manual a couple of weeks ago and simply loved the thing.
Thoughts ?

G

·
Have you seen/touched the Alcantara leather?
It's not te leather of yesteryear. A fantastic, luxurious feel to it.
When I first got intoa Koenigsegg CCR a few years ago I decided then I must get a car with Alcantara - lucky for me it's now available it an affordable car.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Hello and welcome fellow midlander, what your spec'ing is exactly the spec I've just picked up, I didn't actually get to try out the cloth before buying (only ever test drove in leather) but I'm happy with it, does the job pretty well. They grip the same and you won't really tell the difference once your sat in it, it's more of a cosmetic thing and feel when your hands are on the seat.....but is that really worth the extra cash? But to be honest, if I was to order again, I may have gone for the leather but in red as it goes really well with the white...but again....purely for cosmetic purposes. Good luck with your decision!!!

·
Registered
566 Posts
The red leather looks great with the black or white car. I think it's a bit much otherwise. The black is really special
got to see it for yourself. Ok so the car drives the same, but when you come to sell I think leather will matter more.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was worried the red leather may tarnish after very little time and to be fair I've only seen it in a red car (and thought it was a bit too much) I can imagine it would probably look good with the white though. The car I test drove had leather which felt pretty good.

·
Registered
466 Posts
lordgrover said:
Have you seen/touched the Alcantara leather?
It's not te leather of yesteryear. A fantastic, luxurious feel to it.
When I first got intoa Koenigsegg CCR a few years ago I decided then I must get a car with Alcantara - lucky for me it's now available it an affordable car.

My Mazda 6 has leather and alcantara. It's not actually a luxury only car feature these days!
That said on the way to work this morning, the temperature gauge said 7deg, the car hadn't warmed up yet, popped on the heated seat. Two minutes later shear and utter bliss! And all with leather seats with that little strip of alcantara.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
cleloid said:
The alcantra is lovely - and heated for those cold winter mornings
I agree.

You can't beat it. It's classy, subtle, cool in summer, warm in winter, and will age well, I suspect.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will take another look at the leather this weekend now my mind is made up on the pearl white. Anyone have white with red leather ? Pics would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheers keethos, may take a trip over there on Saturday to take a look. Just been taking a look at the work of herit86. Tasty :)

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
The Leather / Alcantara is lovely:

Edited by: Senna

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.