GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my pearly white GT two weeks ago and asked for Sat Nav but was told I couldnt have it "yet"?

Anyone know why this is and why I cannot just simply have the Sat Nav data put onto the Media Centre?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Fizzylady said:
I received my pearly white GT two weeks ago and asked for Sat Nav but was told I couldnt have it "yet"?

Anyone know why this is and why I cannot just simply have the Sat Nav data put onto the Media Centre?

Thanks
I think the GPS is a separate unit that has to be plugged into the Touch head unit

Alec

·
Registered
887 Posts
If you ordered it with the car, it should have worked straight away... Otherwise not sure what is involved with getting a nav upgrade now you have the car........

·
Registered
14 Posts
The nav is a unit that plugs in the back of the touch system and requires a mounting bracket that the dealer has to order seperatly, I had to wait a day for the bracket to come in befor the nav was plummed in.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I was under the impression that if you didn't order it then you couldn't have it retro-fitted afterwards because while it's being built, there are a couple of GPS devices assembled into the car....though the dealer could have be telling porkies though

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Oh right, so the GPS device just plugs into the headunit and then the software is installed and your off?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Im gonna jump alil addon question to Riceburner here.. Do you possibly know if there is any way to excpand the Go system for external amps, other than using the speaker wires for a high input? Looking for something that might yield RCA outputs from the headunit....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.