GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my GT86 on 16/8/12 and it's now covered 650 miles. Whilst browsing the forum I came a cross a comment about the maps as fitted to a newly delivered car. They were out of date and in fact they were last Marches 2011 maps. So I checked mine via the Touch and Go system details and mine were also out of date.

I talked to my dealer who contacted Customer Relations at Toyota HQ, They agreed that my car should have had the latest maps loaded before delivery.

They have agreed to update them free of charge at my local dealer. The normal charge for updates is £109 so check yours on delivery.

·
Registered
887 Posts
If my memory serves me correctly: Press Setup, General, scroll down, system information and it should be on there.

Sounds like a good buzz though, I'm going to see if I can get and update too!

Cheers!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Great glad you got this sorted - would you be able to share you Map ID with us as its the latest?
to find the map ID etc start thenavunit, click on options, general, scroll down till system information is avalible and click on that. Would be appreciated.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Cant wait to see what mine comes preloaded with. Anyone manage to get them updated from Toyota free of charge yet?

·
Registered
887 Posts
I had mine updated, but I didn't get the 20/06/2012 update... I think I'm on somewhen in February... who knows! They did update my software to the newest version though, not tried it yet mind, dont really need sat nav on the way to work.....

·
Registered
566 Posts
Please don't pay for the update. Toyota have authorised new maps for free on 2012 cars. All you have to do is make your dealer follow this up. Really!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Had my sat nav updated today. Took the dealer a couple of weeks to get some 'technical issues' sorted, but they never made any fuss about doing it.

Also updated firmware of touch n go to 1.7.9L

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
went to local dealer today to have a test with the auto (even though i already ordered a manual somewhere else
) and brought up the outdated maps thing here. so we checked and indeed, outdated maps on there too. "easily fixed with an update" he said. i had a bit of a chuckle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.