GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done any rolling roads yet?What figures are being produced and how do they compare with those advertised by Toyota?

I gather that 170-175 BHP calculated @ flywheel is the norm, which is more than 10% down on the 197 advertised.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
All of the ~170hp figures i've seen have been measured at the wheels, which sounds about right. I highly doubt that our cars are 10-15% down on the rated power (on the right fuel).

Potentially not related, but modern cars can be notoriously difficult to get accurate figures from rolling roads (excluding the fact that rolling roads are rarely accurate measurement devices). Modern ECU's are very complex and you may not get 100% of the engine torque just because you're at wide open throttle (WOT). This is possibly more relevant to turbocharged vehicles though, where other factors such as load come into it.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A link to a google search is not helpful.None of the images I clicked even stated whether they were at the wheels or fly, or whether they were standard vehicles or not. The few I read were before and after comparisons by people selling bolt ons - hardly unbiased stats.

If anyone knows of any reliable uk stats it would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I WOULD have done one last week if my car was here!Went down to a club clio meet in runcorn, some interesting results! Few mr2s down for the day, and a VERY loud mx5

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?666463-EFI-Rolling-Road-Day-Pictures

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I'd like to see some more runs but my view and that of people I respect, was one of surprise at where the figures came out.

That said, for me it is all about the drive, and that is just fine.............

·
Registered
655 Posts
I've come to the conclusion my butt dyno is just as inaccurate as the expensive, rolling-road type.<div id="LCS_336D0C35_8A85_403a_B9D2_65C292C39087_communicationDiv">

The car feels about right WRT the Prelude, which also has 197 BHP but a much spikier delivery. And 93,000 miles, but FWD but more mass...all things being equal...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.