GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow GT86'ers, I have hankered after this car since seeing it in a car mag when it was a mere concept, I have had it pinnned up on my notice board at work since and I finally got to test drive one on Saturday, having had an mark2MR2 and one of the last500 made of the old styleCelica's, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this. It lived up to all my expectations and more, the order went in less than an hour after the drive and have been told the dealership is only allowed to sell 7 this year, I've got number 5 and I cannot wait for it to be delivered -
have gone for the grey, its just looks amazing!!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
i have to console my self and chat on here about car as wife is fed up already about me going on about new car...cmon sept...

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Nice choice OP

Welcome to the madhouse

·
Registered
137 Posts
Lol. I am glad I'm not the only one. For months I stared at pics online and pics on my phone. Then I had my test drive and bartered to get a good deal. I managed to wear the salesman down as it was after 8pm and he was keen to get home. So I ended up with a years tax, full tank of petrol, free parking sensor upgrade, mud flaps and £800 discount. Now I stare at the brochure, use this forum as a psychiatrist, have dreams of driving the car etc etc. My summer will be wasted as I dream it away.

G

·
Ratzart said:
Lol. I am glad I'm not the only one. For months I stared at pics online and pics on my phone. Then I had my test drive and bartered to get a good deal. I managed to wear the salesman down as it was after 8pm and he was keen to get home. So I ended up with a years tax, full tank of petrol, free parking sensor upgrade, mud flaps and £800 discount. Now I stare at the brochure, use this forum as a psychiatrist, have dreams of driving the car etc etc. My summer will be wasted as I dream it away.
Bloody hell!
Which dealer?
I'll cancel my order and lose the deposit to get that deal. Seriously!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hahaha everyone else will be doing the same. Your dealer is about to have an influx.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Codename47, have gone for the leather/alcantara, sat nav, got a tank of fuel and years car tax and of course GT86 car mats
We got it from Motorline in Ashford, Kent. What you getting?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Celica66, I had to persuade my boyf that he might want this car because he is quite tall and head room may have been an issue but seeing as Jeremy Clarkson got in it, we didn't have any probs, the test drive was enough - now we bore people endlessly talking about it!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WOW - it looks amazing!!! Are you loving it!! We test drove the grey and I knew straight away that was the colour I wanted, I usually for blue, but thought it was just a bit to dark, and the grey looks fab with the alloys

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Ratzart said:
Years tax? Thought they come with that anyway...

Just checked, comes with 12 months road tax.

Edited by: en8wall

·
Administrator
5,790 Posts
Little Miss Sunshine said:
Thanks Codename47, have gone for the leather/alcantara, sat nav, got a tank of fuel and years car tax and of course GT86 car mats
We got it from Motorline in Ashford, Kent. What you getting?

Have a look in my sig
I've gone for grey with no options.... didn't see the point in the extra cost TBH.

Another Kent owner ay.... maybe we should do a mini Kent meet when we all get ours. I'm in Tunbridge Wells and Celica66 is Maidstone.

G

·
en8wall said:
Ratzart said:
Years tax? Thought they come with that anyway...

Just checked, comes with 12 months road tax.
It's not included in the price, you get charged for it as a separate item on the invoice, as you are likely to do for a few gallons of four star.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts