GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I heard a story about a guy who had it installed on his van. He started it remotely one day and almost killed himself because he had left it in gear and it ran him over. Not sure if that's a true story, but check it won't start if in gear, if you buy one.

Does it also automatically stop the engine if you forget you've started it?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yep defo check if its in gear i made that mistake once almost ploughed in the back of a R33 GTR. They are great but a bit pointless on this car, its great on my R32 GTR as it warms the car up ready for some turbo bashing.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I've managed to get by without one. Seems like a pointless waste of cash unless you have some sort of medical problem that requires a warm car. I'd save my money and get something that benfits the car in better ways.

·
Registered
855 Posts
For that amount of money u can easily fit a VERY high end security system, WITH remote start feature, and that would during install, require a lead to the gear indicator, to prevent start in gear. Only time those systems start the car while in gear, is install error... :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
MikaelSE said:
For that amount of money u can easily fit a VERY high end security system, WITH remote start feature, and that would during install, require a lead to the gear indicator, to prevent start in gear. Only time those systems start the car while in gear, is install error... :)

yeah mine was with a toad alarm system and could only be set when not in gear as you got out the car while still running then when you lock the car it turned the engine off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.