GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Picking a colour is like picking a partner.
I spent nearly an hour looking at two gt86s in the colours i wanted. I took the plunge and made my decision. You have to do the same. It isnt easy and there will always be doubts, but just go for it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I am replacing a red mx5 and a blue mazda2 with my GT86. I opted for white as I have never had a white car but red and blue were close behind. It is down to personal preference but they look great in any colour!

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Although red is my favourite colour, I'm going to say white because I think it's much more fitting for a Japanese car.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Lauren said:
Although red is my favourite colour, I'm going to say white because I think it's much more fitting for a Japanese car.
Japanese do like their white cars, I lived there for 18 months, might be to do with 1.Better reflection of Sun (it can get very hot) or 2.Not wanting to stand out from the crowd ("The Nail that Sticks Up will be hammered down.")

Alec

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
White is also the Japanese racing colour.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
1st RED ! (Promo shots / Ad are red...need I say more?)2nd Orange (A bit loud, but still a kind of RED!)
3rd White (My dealer says it looks awful "because its pearly"...he couldn't be more wrong!)
Black, Grey (too dark) and Blue (too dark) all look wrong.

This car suits light, vibrant colours for some reason.

·
Administrator
5,798 Posts
Senna said:
Black, Grey (too dark) and Blue (too dark) all look wrong.
You, sir, are very wrong
The grey looks awesome, especially in the sun. My girlfriends dad saw it and said: "I thought it was going to bered" (I thinkjust from looking at the website) "It looks much meaner in the grey."

That was within an hour of me having the car so made my day..... except for actually taking ownership of it of course.

IMO, the best colours are Grey, Blue and White. I've now seen every colour.... except for red though

·
Registered
466 Posts
PumaUK7 said:
Just can't decide!  Please help - SOS!

Also, is it just me or has the price of the auto gone up to £2,000 now?!
£2000 for something that slows you down and gives better fuel economy! If that's what you want, buy a Prius not GT86.

Every buys red, so it's become the 'safe' colour to own. Before you know it, every other GT86 will be red. White is more mother of pearl in colour and in some shade looks dull (even greyish). Having seen a white in bright sunshine too, I'd advise you do the same before choosing.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
I have red, but am less than impressed by the finish quality of the paint. (See "GT86 paint quality")

And yesterday I saw white one at the dealer, - looks lovely.

It has a good clear top- coat which is a much smoother finish.

Red is a great colour but up close it's a bit orange-peel like.

Get the White then ( or Orange or other metallic).

·
Registered
571 Posts
I was smitten with a couple of colours, but since I've ordered, every colour looks great now, much more so than before. Wasn't too keen on blue, but take a look at BluGT86's new baby, stunning perfection. The red, my god is so rich it makes own blood redder;the white, so contemporaneously cool cuts through the city at night; the Black is Darth Vader cool and could kill with looks; the Grey would make Gandalf have a love explosion in Frodos house; and the Orange, is a mental ginger kid that has just lost his virginity and is rocking.
White and red GT86 both look good, but which car can you picture yourself next to which makes you feel the most alive?Edited by: a18ttc

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have white, so glad I made that choice. Came very close to ordering orange and I don't think I would have been disappointed. I just think this car deserves more than a flat colour.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I've got Red and it looks great.
White looks verygood too and I was temptedbut you have to pay a lot for the privilige. My concern with white was that it's the new silver, i.e. the most popular colour so it could be common.

As for the auto being £2000. i wasn't aware of this. There was an error on the Toyota website months ago where itwas showing as more. Has anyone got confirmation?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.