GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my GT86 today which was fantastic but the car came with the red steering wheel, gear stick, hand brake etc trims. 

I do remember asking for it not to come with the red parts as I'm not a fan of them but the chap said they come as standard with the full leather seats with red stitching.

They said to see how I get on and if I do want to change them they can do it for cost price - does anyone have any idea how much this is?

Thanks
Edited by: sophs113

·
Registered
701 Posts
If its not what you ordered take it back, cloth seats are standard the red steering wheel ect are options, Think they've just given you what's left in stock as
the new model will be out soon.
Edited by: GT86-Ian

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I ordered the full leather seats, black with red stitching as an extra and they said the red trim comes as standard with that specific seat upgrade. I do remember saying not the red bits to drive the deal who I ordered through so a bit confused.

I don't fancy paying hundreds to have it swapped really /:

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have black leather seats no red steering wheel ect, unless things have changed the red parts where an option, I tried to check but leather isn't even an option on the Toyota site.
No reason for you to pay anything extra if the cars isn't what you asked for, I would speak to the dealer & get it sorted.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
They're optional on all interior trim except the red Alcantara Leather Seats. Then you have to have the Red Inserts.

If you've got Black Leather then its a mistake. You can order the car without red inserts.

·
Registered
897 Posts
GT86Jay said:
They're optional on all interior trim except the red Alcantara Leather Seats. Then you have to have the Red Inserts.

If you've got Black Leather then its a mistake. You can order the car without red inserts.
^^He's right^^

I had the same issue when i bought mine, I have the part red wheel and handbrake as well as the red shifter. However I'd agree with the dealer and wait and see (even though they basically just sent you what they had left). I like mine now and other '86s just a bit too 'Japanese' inside without. Until I got mine I thought you ONLY got that with the red seats, which I would've refused to accept!

·
Registered
461 Posts
sophs113 said:
Hi, I ordered the full leather seats, black with red stitching as an extra and they said the red trim comes as standard with that specific seat upgrade. I do remember saying not the red bits to drive the deal who I ordered through so a bit confused.

I don't fancy paying hundreds to have it swapped really /:

Who did you ask about the interior - Drive the Deal, or someone at Fish Brothers? I bought mine last year through Fish Bros directly (after negotiating a broker-size discount
), and persuaded them that they could give me red seats without everything else being red. If I remember the order form correctly, the red trim parts are factory fitted. The seats, however, are fitted on entry to the UK (at least if you go for the leather/alcantara option). So it's entirely possible to have one without the other, it just isn't an official option.

Anyway, if you asked Fish Bros directly and got told you couldn't then they were actually saying "we'd really prefer not to, because it's a PITA" and I'd suggest going back firmly but politely pushing for them to swap the parts as a goodwill gesture. If it's a case of you didn't tick the box on DtD for red trim but you didn't speak to Fish Bros directly, then the red trim would automatically be selected with the red seats and Fish Bros doing it at cost is probably as good as you'll get.

ETA - of course, it also depends on how your order was fulfilled. Mine was built for me as they didn't have any cars with the right spec in the UK. If yours came from stock that was already in the country but not allocated, then you may not have had the opportunity to mix and match anyway as it would already have full red trim.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I thought red only came as standard with the red alcantara? not full leather?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'd take it back. What everyone has sad above is correct, red inserts aren't standard with the black seats with red stitching. I don't have any red steering wheel etc and I have the black alcantara/leather seats with red stitching.

It's a bit cheeky saying you can swap at cost price!

FWIW, I think the red inserts hurt the resale value a little as well as a lot of people share your taste.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone for the replies. The car was already built when I ordered it, not built to order.

On drive the deal there was no option that mentioned the red bits, but I did say to them on the phone no red interior.

They didn't mention the fact it has the red, neither did the garage.

Edited by: sophs113

·
Registered
461 Posts
OK just to check we're all on the same page, which seats do you have?

These?

Or these:

The first of those comes with red interior bits automatically. The second doesn't. So if you have the second, then go back to Fish Bros and politely point out that they're mistaken. If you have the first, a cost-price change is probably a good deal.

BTW, are you based in Swindon? If so, I'll look out for you!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've got the stiched leather seats and it has the red inserts, steering wheel and handbrake. I quite like it as it goes with the red dash needles etc.

Each to their own

1 - 12 of 12 Posts