GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
GT86 4DS, 2014, Manual
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Got a 14 plate GT86 4DTS, standard apart from splitter, skirts and insanely loud exhaust (previous owner fitted).

Brakes and pads are about done, actually the front right caliper seems to stick on a quick blast on twisty b-roads where you need the brakes more, certainly the brakes get hot, partially due to wear. Race pads on a sportsbike almost killed me once as they were cold when I needed them in the wet so wary of a more extreme setup for road use.

Looking for brake discs/pads that give more feel and heat dissipation but not a track setup. Preferably to fit to exist calipers although I'd consider replacing the fronts.

Also, any ideas on a 60K service cost from Toyota ?

Best car I've ever owned, just so much fun to drive.

Thanks in advance,
Taz.

·
Premium Member
GT86, 2012, Satin White
101 Posts
Hey Taz,

I recently purchased some of these from Fensport. Front and Rears. Can't vouch for them yet as I have not received my order, (Rears on back order) but I was searching for something very similar to what you are after and these look like they are up to the job. I rebuilt the caliper seals myself as I was experiencing rear brake binding. (Ebay kit did the trick) Hope once these are installed the car should have an awesome braking response on cold mornings into work all the way through to repetitive b road braking ;)

Can't quite remember what 60k service gets you, is it full? If so, £395 iirc. I think spark plugs are due at 60k, I'll glance in the book later and take a photo if you would like a picture of the service list?

Edit: - What exhaust do you have installed? :LOL:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Appreciate the response, they are cheaper than the brembo option and vented, nice. Let me know as I'll get them fitted post 60k service which is due in 250 miles.

Pic would be fab,

Not sure what the system is, seems to have been fitted at a Toyota garage. Lots of pops and bangs, the neighbours love me 🤣

Thanks,
Taz.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Appreciate the response, they are cheaper than the brembo option and vented, nice. Let me know as I'll get them fitted post 60k service which is due in 250 miles.

Pic would be fab,

Not sure what the system is, seems to have been fitted at a Toyota garage. Lots of pops and bangs, the neighbours love me 🤣

Thanks,
Taz.
Oh odd, my mobile authenticated via Google....it's the same person though 👍

·
Premium Member
GT86, 2012, Satin White
101 Posts
No worries, Fensport expects to have my order ready to ship by the end of the month, so with any luck, I'll have an update ready to give in a few weeks' time! Oh no the pop and bangs on a GT86, haha wonder what went through their mind to tune the car like that. I've got an exhaust lined up but I sure enough don't intend it to sound like that 😂

·
Registered
GT86 4DS, 2014, Manual
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No worries, Fensport expects to have my order ready to ship by the end of the month, so with any luck, I'll have an update ready to give in a few weeks' time! Oh no the pop and bangs on a GT86, haha wonder what went through their mind to tune the car like that. I've got an exhaust lined up but I sure enough don't intend it to sound like that 😂
Thanks, be very keen to get some feedback once they are fitted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts