GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got Toyota to sort out the holes for the mud flap fixings?It looks really gash with the empty holes but my dealer reckons there's nothing he can do. It may be a small thing but it's really got me narked.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
lordgrover said:
It looks really gash with the empty holes but my dealer can't be arsed to do anything.

Fixed that for you

That really is a bad attitude from the dealer when you've just spent £25k with them. All it needs is something like these fitted to the holes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-8mm-Trim-Clip-for-Bumpers-Splashguards-Liners-/280810235122?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item41619824f2

Something which they must have hundreds of in their stores\workshops.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Yeah, my dealer reassures me that it's an easy fix and they'll do something about it but we'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Celica66 said:
Get them to fit mud flaps

Looks great and part of car
That was my thinking also, just didn't work out to be the cheapest way of filling the holes...

·
Registered
469 Posts
Celica66 said:
True but then again I saved £1600 by having cloth seats and £750 by using my Tom Tom sat nav so I am quids in
Positive thinking..! In that case I saved £750 as I didn't get Sat Nav, already have a TomTom.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
See now you are on the right wavelength
Spend a little and save a lot......mind you we did spend £25.000 plus to start with....bit poetic that eh?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Celica66 said:
See now you are on the right wavelength
Spend a little and save a lot......mind you we did spend £25.000 plus to start with....bit poetic that eh?
Ah yes, but in my view we're getting a gorgeous car that's worth way more to us than having £25k sat in a bank somewhere...

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Totally agree
To me it is worth every penny
Makes me smile every time I get in to it and just love it being on my drive gleaming in sunlight

Yours will be along soon I see...

·
Registered
469 Posts
Celica66 said:
Yours will be along soon I see...
Yep, about 2 weeks to go now so getting very close, due Monday 24th but if it arrives at the Dealer earlier I might get it Thu/Fri the week before... needless to say I'm crossing more things than a contortionist.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
New registration month(s) are the busiest for all car manufacturers, by a long way!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Martin F said:
lordgrover said:
It looks really gash with the empty holes but my dealer can't be arsed to do anything.

Fixed that for you
It's half a dealer customer service issue. The fact that you've used the words "my dealer" instead of "the dealer who supplied the car" implies your satisfied to continue to put business his way. Any dealer worth their salt knows their profit and reputation hinges on customer service. If your treated well you're likely to back for servicing, repairs and even future purchases.
Why continue to line the dealer's pocket with profit when your not happy and there are many other Toyota dealers out there all keen for your business.

Remember he's not your dealer. He's a dealer who needs to work for your continued business.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
.. exactly.. and don't sing their praise or give thanks, just because they do what they're contractually obliged to do! My client doesn't say thanks to me for doing what they pay me to do :)

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
Celica66 said:
True but then again I saved £1600 by having cloth seats and £750 by using my Tom Tom sat nav so I am quids in
In my opinion the leather alcantara is well worth the £1600 rather than having it sitting in a banl somewhere

My dealer could only offer to fit the mudflaps for £140 ...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.