GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello GT86 Owners

Thank you for having us here.

We are the UK distributor for Rota wheels. We luckily had the chance to visit Roger Clark Motorsport and try a wide range of wheels on a BRZ before release, so we know what works, and have a good variety of wheels in stock which work well with the car.

A little bit of imagination is needed of course to picture these on the GT86, as they are slightly different, but in terms of how they sit on the car I think you'll agree these pictures are good indicators!

Also this car was 100% standard, to suit the larger wheels I would say it would look better with a subtle lowering, I am sure some other traders on here will be glad to help with this in the near future.

So... enough with the talk, here are some pictures!

All members will get a 10% discount on wheels.

Any questions please ask and I will be happy to help!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I run Rota Grids on my R32 GTR great priced wheels

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Prices do vary by size:

17x7.5 are £549 with Forum discount for the set of 4. This includes VAT, and a fitting kit.

17x9 are £621 with Forum discount for the set of 4. This includes VAT, and a fitting kit.

18x8.5 are £792 with Forum discount for the set of 4. This includes VAT, and a fitting kit.

18x8.5 Front and 18x9.5 rear are £828 with Forum discount for the set of 4. This includes VAT, and a fitting kit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Out of interest, what is the smallest diameter Rota rim that will fit on the '86? Some of us no doubt prefer a classic 14" or 15" on higher profile rubber. That may be squeezing it too low though...

·
Registered
62 Posts
lordgrover said:
Anyone a whiz with PS?
I'd like to see an orange 86 with the gold rims if possible?
Have a play on the virtual section on rarerims.co.uk. White Torque Drift on the black '86? Yes please...

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's Ben here - Julian doesn't do so much foruming these days :)

Thanks for the welcome!

I would think 16s would clear the brakes, but probably not much smaller. The issue will be the 5x100 PCD limiting you on wheels as you go smaller.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Rarerims said:
It's Ben here - Julian doesn't do so much foruming these days :)

Thanks for the welcome!

I would think 16s would clear the brakes, but probably not much smaller. The issue will be the 5x100 PCD limiting you on wheels as you go smaller.
Ah, I see. Oh well, may have to be 16s then. Just need to wait for the car first...

·
Registered
619 Posts
Rarerims said:

Just popped this on our facebook - although this will do the dynamics no favours... they do look good :D

What wheels are these? I need them in my life

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good Morning Rare Rims!

Julian, Ben, nice to see you on here. The guys here are utter gents, turnaround is fantastic, and everything arrives exactly as youd hope, I know, Ive ordered enough of them!! Wheels ordered at 5pm Thursday, turned up Monday Morning around half 10, really great.

Wishing you guys the best of luck, and many wheel sales on here!

Louis

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Just had a go with Rare Rims' virtual bay.

As suggested by lordgrover, tried gold rims on
orange. Not a good combo at all (though that could just be me). The yellower the gold, the worse it gets. Bronze rims seem OK, though I would want to see them side-by-side IRL before parting with my cash. The gold rims looks good on the white as shown above.
White rims are also a no-no with the orange and keep well away from the green, pink and blue ones.

In my opinion, stick with black or silver (and maybe bronze) if you have an orange GT.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 25 Posts