GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received a questionaire from Toyota UK concerning my 'Purchasing Experience' whilst ordering/buying my GT. Interestingly the salesman from whom I purchased the car has now called me on more occasions to ask whether I have filled it in than he did to impart any information to me during the whole pre-delivery period. I had to frequently call him to find out any information at all (minor details like price, delivery date, available options, servicing deals!). Additionally, the finance guydashed through the deal and left the office so rapidly that I had to chase after him to get him to confirm my monthly payments. I don't expect a red carpet but £27K is a reasonable amount to spend on a car and a bit of common courtesy and a few goodies thrown in to sweeten the deal would have been appreciated.
Its about 5 weeks since I took delivery and the sheer quality of the car has made the purchase experience fade but I wonder if anyone else had similar experiences with their dealer and whether or not they have bothered to fill in the qestionaire?

G

·
I shall be filling in mine.A similar experience - not impressed and were it not for the car selling itself I'd've been long gone. Very poor.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Not had form yet...was very impressed before i got car but since then been feeling a bit left out in the cold to resolve several small issues...car is fantastic though and i agree a few freebies would have been nice

·
Registered
619 Posts
mine have been prefect throughout, from pre order through to after sales care. Sent through a query about the sat nav and got an instant response.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Make sure you all do complete the forms, anything less than the box for 'completely satisfied' is a failure and they will pay the price for it. It is worth sending them back and letting Toyota GB know how their centres are performing, I honestly believe it WILL make a difference in future dealing with them. (It has when we have had problems with our dealer anway).

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I was happy with my dealer and completed the questionaire given them the completely satisfied answer, as the Salesman explained that unless they get that they don't get their bonus and I was happy with the way they made sure my car was ready for me when I got back from holiday. Normally I would not have ticked completely satisfied as I never give top marks on satisfaction surveys (there's always something they could have done better ie fill the holes in the wheel arch!) but I did not want him to miss out on his bonus/commision or whatever it is.

Alec

·
Registered
223 Posts
My dealer kept on about the fact that I had to put 'completely satisfied'to my answers, unfortunately I had a very simlar crap experience with the finance guy and the sales guy stick extra cash onto my deal which I had not agreed to. In the end he went on so much about the feedback form that I thought it kinder not to bother completing it rather than say how bad I though the whole experience was.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Once upon a time I sold cars. I know that service has to be good to please a customer, and rightly so if you are spending c £27K!

To date, and I have not picked up my car yet, I am not overly impressed.

1) I knew more about the product than a salesman that went on a course at Donnington Park.
2) No updates AT ALL unless I chase after paying my deposit.

It doesn't take anyone long to send an e-mail. Even if it is 1 line for an update it is always well received. Hopefully my opinion will change once it finally gets delivered!

·
Registered
192 Posts
My sales person said the most extreme answers are ignored - a Japanese management thing apparently. I haven't had my questionnaire yet so I don't know what they are - "exceptionally miffed" and "quite chuffed" maybe.

He also said how much commission he gets from the sale alone. Not much! (Bonuses dependent on things such as the customer feedback)...

·
Registered
78 Posts
as has been mentioned, anything less than 100% completely satisfied and the sales person will lose out.which is a shame should that happen if a finance guy was the issue which some people have found.

its a very harsh rule anyway [more so with current car sales .. pretty tough getting sales at the moment], who is ever "completely" satisfied with every aspect
.. there's always room for improvement (!)and in general i dont like going 100% across the board on any questionaire! .. but sadly the way this works is the sales staff lose out if it doesnt happen.
ive not had my form through yet, but will give it 100% completely satisfied for this one anyway.. because of course, i'm completely satisfied with what is sat on my driveway.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Ade do you realis your sig is too deep by a few pixels, it makes a scroll bar appear

Alec

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Interesting this thread, as I had a meeting at my request with the Gen. Mgr at my supplying dealer today.
I wanted him to explain why there was barely enough fuel to get me to the petrol station, why the arches issue still hasn't been sorted and why they gave me the wrong oil and, given the fact that they didn't have to clean or valet the car, the lack of any freebies whatsoever was disappointing.

He revealed that they make about £1k profit margin on a GT and that margins are tight, overheads, blah, blah...

He has agreed to give me a discount on my 1st oil change (after running in - not covered on service plan) and I also complained about the showroom layout and total lack of attention I seem to get whenever I walk in.
I had to tell them which oil they should be offering on the GT and demand they send me the wheel arch gromitts.
He left me with the strong impression that the customer is NOT at the top of their agenda...

If they resolve my complaints next week, I might be generous otherwise they will get a completely honest questionnaire response...
Edited by: Senna

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
cleloid said:
My dealer kept on about the fact that I had to put 'completely satisfied'to my answers, unfortunately I had a very simlar crap experience with the finance guy and the sales guy stick extra cash onto my deal which I had not agreed to. In the end he went on so much about the feedback form that I thought it kinder not to bother completing it rather than say how bad I though the whole experience was.
That's exactly what i've done. I had the experience of a manual arriving rather than the auto I ordered which they then promptly got for me in two days so in the end everything was OK but I can't honestly tick "completely satisfied" after that. I've had the dealer mention the completely satisfied thing to me on at least3 occassions.

We can complete it on-line and just tick the box that dealer doesnt see it.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.