GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has to be a record !
Picked up the car on Friday and pulled by the police by Sunday......
Just a 'routine' spot check as I was on the way home from a gig. Mr plod said the car was not yet registered but fortunately I have all the docs to prove it. He clearly new it was as I had a live insurance policy. Personally I just think he wanted to have a crafty look at the car. He quoted that seeing a flash car out on the road at night arouses suspission as there had been lots of local thefts in the late evening.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Lol. I recon I hold the record as was nicked for speeding the morning I picked up my last new car (1989) on new registration day. Miserable bastards!

·
Registered
566 Posts
I think the plod highway officers have a special sense of humour that's lost on the rest of us. You think they get taught it when being trained?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Last time I got pulled it was 2.30am, 23rd December and I had Santa hat on as the heater didn't work. Thought the Santa hat was fair enough for a pull to check me over at that time in the morning and so close to Christmas.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Though have to admit when I got pulled on the way back from a party because one of my passengers was trying to stick their leg out of the window that was fair!!Edited by: malcolmgt86

·
Registered
855 Posts
I got my picture taken from a cameravan 2 hours after picking up the GT... havent gotten anything in the post yet tho, hehe, so hoping they got confused by the registration, or gave up, since it was still on dealer registration.. :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
MikaelSE said:
I got my picture taken from a cameravan 2 hours after picking up the GT... havent gotten anything in the post yet tho, hehe, so hoping they got confused by the registration, or gave up, since it was still on dealer registration.. :)
in britain you get them in the post within a few days.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Yea same her normally. unless theyre too unclear to ID the driver, or they
up the picture..:p Or drop trying, for some reason, which im hoping for. 'Sometimes tho they come later, when taken in denmark, since i reside in sweden.. hehe.

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
tank commander said:
MikaelSE said:
in britain you get them in the post within a few days.

Two weeks, normally.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
'Just over' being 10% + ~3mph above the limit.. which on a dual carriageway would typically be an indicated 85mph.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.