GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I have spoken to my Valet guy he is probably the most respected Detailer known to the Nissan GTR community to the point that Nissan use him as their correction and go to guy.

He has agreed to an introductory Protection Detail. Usual retail at £300 + VAT but offers to the GT86OC is £200+ VAT and consists of this -http://www.valetmagic.com/protectiondetail.htm

Examples of his work can be seen here -

http://www.valetmagic.com/apps/photos/

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/166805-kuro-black-touched-magic.html

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/165264-daytona-blue-gets-some-detailed-magic.html

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=3491732#post3491732

He is also well known for his wrap skills as well.

If anyone is interested please let me know:-

1. R32 GTR

V

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to add that all products used will be Zaino and the car will be required for 1 day.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
looks good to me ...WHEN I GET MY CAR i will take up this offer

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just registering interest at the moment so get your name down anyway :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
R32 GTR said:
just registering interest at the moment so get your name down anyway :)
Is this offer still open R32 GTR..? I'm not getting my car until mid September but have pretty much decided to ditch the Supaguard 'offer' of £399 from the dealer.

This guy's work looks excellent (unless someone knows a good detailer in Lincolnshire?)... so was thinking I'd come down for the day, get my car done, get 300 miles off the 1000 completed and have a day out too.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Would be reluctant to employ the services of someone who can't even take the care to spell 'cleanser' correctly in their advert...nor be able to differentiate between there/their/they're.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes the offer is still open. Robbie is picking my car up from the dealers as I am
Out of the country on the 4th. I will post up pics of the full service so you can appreciate his skills
The protection detail takes between 6-8 hours.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Twigman said:
Would be reluctant to employ the services of someone who can't even take the care to spell 'cleanser' correctly in their advert...nor be able to differentiate between there/their/they're.

I think spelling is the least of his concern, i'd rather he spend time perfecting his trade than worrying about having spelt something correctly. I'm sure you testeveryone'sgrammarbefore you purchase something.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have to agree with this. I used a builder for some major extension work a couple of years ago who was recommended by a friend. He couldn't spell and had no idea how to use a PC, but the extension is great.

·
Registered
739 Posts
R32 GTR said:
Twigman said:

I think spelling is the least of his concern, i'd rather he spend time perfecting his trade than worrying about having spelt something correctly. I'm sure you testeveryone'sgrammarbefore you purchase something.
To me it demonstrates a lack of attention to detail.
Not what is required.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Twigman said:
R32 GTR said:
Twigman said:

To me it demonstrates a lack of attention to detail.
Not what is required.

Like i said do you test the grammar and spelling of every serviceproviderbefore you use them? At the supermarket checkout do you question the checkout girls qualifications? You're comparing apples and pears.

I got a C inEnglishat GCSE level but i'm probably the best at my job. Spelling and Grammar aren't relevant to detailing a car.

If you have nothing constructive to say then dont say it.

·
Registered
739 Posts
It's a website designed to advertise his services.
Bad spelling and poor grammar demonstrate a lack of attention to detail and look unprofessional.
Perhaps the chap would get more work if his website was presented more professionally with correct spelling and grammar?
I think that my contribution is constructive.
He should heed my advice as I am sure I am not the only potential customer turned off by his website.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well clearly it hasnt affected anyone on Detailing World or any other Forum where he is a registered Trader.

His spelling haven't put of Nissan who use him as their corrections guy, nor has it put off the 150 GTR owners who have utilised his services on there £60k+ cars nor the numerous celebrities who have used his services.

I would guess the majority of his work comes through word of mouth. Like i said i'd rather he focus on the cars than a flashy all singing and dancing website.

Twigman i bet you're great fun on a night out.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
If some one does a good job and can't speak ...do they not deserve to be good or complimented?

All I am saying is that I agree that if some says a person does a good job then all good to me and I do not care if they speak jibberish and can not write but if they supply a good service then so be it

After all how many of us have miss spelt on here toooooo......

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,867 Posts
Some people might be put off by the spelling so it wouldn't hurt to correct some of those.

Personally I dont think a couple spelling mistakes tells you anything about the person doing the job. After all it might be his wife that maintains the website

1 - 20 of 35 Posts