GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I originally had Porsche GT3 ducts a few years ago

But as a GT3 RS sits very low the GT3 ducts don't sit far down into the air flow and the GT3 suspension arms are straight unlike the Porsche aircooled 993/964 (911 designation) which has a curved arm the same as GT86 BRZ.
Anyway I have had these 993 ducts for a couple of years now and still going strong. They sit lower down into the airflow and shape to the lower suspension arm. The caliper piston dust boots are holding up far better on this GT86 compared to my old 86 without any ducts on track (which were split and disintegrating due to track day heat most likely).

As you can see these fit the arm better than the GT3 ones with a smoother surface and sit pretty low into the air flow. I only use them for track days along with the Carbotech pads and remove them after the track day just in case I lose one, as you don't really need them for the road.

You can see how low these sit on this front on pic

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive design

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Helmet Automotive tire Bicycle tire Wheel

Automotive tire Grey Synthetic rubber Automotive exterior Bumper

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tread

Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Dust boots look pretty good even after several track days
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Wood Gas

·
Registered
84 Posts
Excellent info :) thank you for the write up.

I'm a little scared to ask but how much did the ducts cost?
I think mine were all of 12 quid, which made them a no brainer at the time. I fitted them for a track day 3 years ago, and I think they made an improvement (hard to really know). They have stayed put ever since.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I think mine were all of 12 quid, which made them a no brainer at the time. I fitted them for a track day 3 years ago, and I think they made an improvement (hard to really know). They have stayed put ever since.
Fantastic! I had feared they would have been much more than that! Did you pick them up for Porsche themselves?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The GT3RS ones (not as large or fit as well) are about £6 from Porsche each, the ones I use are from the older 993 and they are about £24 each, all are 'handed' and you need the left and right part numbers fyi.

GT3RS

left and right part numbers for mine in the pictures above:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts