GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about everyone else but my drivers side floor mat is wearing rather quickly where my heel goes. Big indent and you can no longer make out the T pattern there.

G

·
Ditto. The 'underlay' is particularly mean too. Very thin and wouldn't last five minutes without the 'free' floor mats.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Buy some aftermarket ones, low price, brilliant quality, and u can get them with edging in red, to match the stitching on hte seats, and even get written "pew-pew" or like on them.. :D

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I'd expect you could claim replacement mats under warranty if they wear prematurely. The question is how many miles should a mat last to be considered fit for purpose?

G

·
MR2-Ian said:
I purchsed a rubber mat from halfords to protect the original ones for £4
I've seen posts somewhere about rubber 'winter' mats for the BRZ in North America. Makes sense in a climate with lots of snow for months at a time. I'll have to look around again...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went to dealers today, they are going to put a warranty claim in for another mat.
The service guy said that because its a sports car and you sit low your heel sits at amore acuteangle than in normal cars so digs into the mat. He said that when he has worked at other manufacturers they have had hard wearing heel padson mats for their sports cars.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The mats are shockingly carp. When I sold my Golf GTI to purchase the 86, the mats had done 70k miles and looked like new. After few hundred miles in the 86 the mats look awful. Not impressed.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
554 Posts
en8wall said:
Agreed, i've put a warranty claim in for some new ones. There's a car trimmers near me (B-trim http://www.b-trim.co.uk/about-us.html ), might take my mats to them and get them to stitch in a heavy duty heel pad on drivers one.Also seen this seller on ebay doing rubber and carpet mats for GT86.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-GT-86-2012-to-Current-Set-of-4-Heavy-Duty-Rubber-Tailored-Fitted-Mats-/200841642887?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec3184387
Well it's arrived
, but dealer has told me mat's don't come as standard, I knew I'd read this thread, so question is did you get mat's as standard. Will order some different ones but not likely to arrive before picking the car up on Tuesday
and with all the bad weather I 'don't really want to get the carpet dirty.

·
Registered
554 Posts
en8wall said:
They should already be in the boot in a bag.

Maybe they haven't looked yet, it was still covered in all the plastic when I went to look at it yesterday, they gave me a sleepless night, I'd not long been up after working the nightshift and wasn't awake and they showed me the car, looks fantastic, got home and thought it didn't have the leather & alcantara seats
, I didn't sleep, rang up this morning and they'ed shown me the wrong one
, all is OK other than there now being a problem with the reg, phoned the insurance company to get a quote and they said the reg is registered to a Fiat
, now got to get that sorted as well

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.