GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
"The subaru is a bit more sophisticated"?They have to be kidding, right? With THAT dashboard finish and 1980 radio ??? Do me a favour!
Also: They "would choose Subaru because they allow some grubby monkey to clean (scratch) it every week"? Get real !

I drove the BRZ and GT86 back to back to back (86/BRZ/86) on the same afternoon.
I went into it with an open mind, though I suspected Subaru might be best.
The BRZ was harsher, noisier (not a good noise) and awful bouncy ride on less than perfect road surfaces.Also had 7 months delivery time & hateful cheap dashboard finish.

No contest... Sorry Pistonheads, - you are just wrong on this one, - but each to their own!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Very interesting.
I've got a test drive booked for Sunday (all day
) in the BRZ, and then on Monday night a revisit to the GT86 at Toyota in Bolton.

I own a Subaru at present, although have had several Toyotas in the past. It's going to be hard to make the decision but I suspect the GT86 will win my heart at the end of the day.

But, everybody is different and free to make up their own mind.

I shall let you know on monday night if i think the Subaru is more 'sophisticated' or not!!

Jude

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
tha
jude555 said:
I shall let you know on monday night if i think the Subaru is more 'sophisticated' or not!!

Jude

I forgot to add in my hate-filled anti - BRZ rant
that BRZ also had quite a poor mottled paint finish on the front nose section above the black plastic section, even though I love the WR Blue paint.

I am an ex - Imprezza driver so definitely not anti - Subaru, but my findings was the GT86 was far nicer to drive and much 'more sophisticated' than the BRZ which seemed to have been harshed-up for marketing reasons (= no reason !) the piped intake noise was noticably harsh (MUCH TOO LOUD!) and much louder than the sporty Toyota sound which seemed right for the revs at the time and I doubt that I would enjoy driving it every day for any long period, but I suggest others try the same back to back test and draw their own conclusions...

Don't believe what the Journo's write, - make your own choice, that's my advice.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I apologise for starting him off again

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Don't you also get more for your money with the Toyota? Base price for a GT has keyless access and HID lights where as the base price BRZ doesn't right? As what I was lead to believe was that the LUX had 3 extra items, HIDS, Keyless entry and Leather seats.Edited by: Keethos

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Basic brz has keyless entry, hids, cloth seats and a stereogram

USDM basic car is more spartan.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I drove both and didn't find much difference, Subaru slightly firmer ride, what it came down to with me was similar to habu preferred the nose of the gt86 and could get one sooner, although the subaru looks great in the wr blue possibly the best colour IMO!!

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
ICantAffordAnLFA said:
I apologise for starting him off again

Sigh...

Also, it's not a 'Stereogram' in the BRZ, - more like a Gramaphoneium!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Well I couldn't really tell the difference besides founding the BRZ made a bit more noise in the cockpit from both the engine and strangely the gear box, it seemed to rattle and buzz when accelerated hard....probably shouldn't do this right?
Edited by: Keethos

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
My experience was the BRZ sounded like a kit car compared to the GT86!Edited by: Senna

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.