GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought some of you guys might appreciate the AE86 we created about 4 years ago.
http://www.speedhunters.com/2009/08/car_feature_gt_gt_newera_imports_ae86_levin/</font>

The entire car was re-engineered. Engine built to full N2 Race Spec by Techno Pro Spirits (9,250 rpm rev limit, making 200 bhp from a 1.6 N/A in a car weighing about 900kg), Close Ratio TRD Gearbox, TRD 2 way differential, fully adjustable pillowball suspension linkages, 6 piston Greddy front calipers and 282mm discs inside 15 inch Watanabes,Full Defi instrumentation, etc. The car cost about twice what a new GT86 would be to build.The wildestcar I'd ever driven....

A few more pics of the grey one.

On the way back home from a driftingevent...

An old video... made back in 2006 at Nikko circuit http://www.streetfire.net/video/neweras-ae86-in-action-at-nikko-drift-circuit_55327.htm</font>

A bit of fun with 5th gear: http://www.streetfire.net/video/172-fifth-gear-tokyo-car-parties_177928.htm</font>

Recently I finally convinced myself to sell it.& It's now in the UK withit'snew owner who has had an evil grin plastered on his face permanently since collecting it a couple of weeks ago.
I let it go only because I neededto make way for an even wilder example with similar DNA housed inside a fully restored, seam welded & sealed Trueno AE86 TRD (wide)body, prepared by Techno Pro Spirits. It's apparently stiffer than their own race car.

Having learnt that if I wanted to get much better at drifting, I'd have to risk smashing the car up - I have given up makingAE86's go sideways on purpose. I didn't want to risk smashing up all that hard work.
So instead the new one will be used to humble supposedly quicker cars on the circuit. It won't be street registered for use in Japan. I'll just drive it to and from events on temporary plates. :D

Although it's now drivable with all mechanical & bodywork completed, I've not got many pictures of that yet, as it's still a work in progress, so I'll update another thread once I finish fitting the full race dash and lightweight interior and shoot some proper pics & maybe some video hooliganism on the track. :D

·
Registered
619 Posts
Miguel want to swap my GT86 for that :)

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Hi Miguel,

Ah, so that confirms that you have sold your car.

It looks like I will be selling mine to part fund a GT86, but really because I want a car I can tour Europe in and well, the AE86 is getting a bit high maintenance thesedays, though it managed 3000kms around Europe, the engine has gone for the second time in six months!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, that's not good Lauren!We can supply you with a black top AE111 engine of good condition if that helps. Will bolt straight in, complete with wiring harness and ECU. Have done this before for other AE86 owners in UK

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
It's not great, Miguel. My problem is, I'm now doing 500kms a week, it's a lot of mileage for a 27 year old car.

I want to do more Euro trips and drive to Monaco and all that kind of stuff. The AE86 isn't really the car for the job.

As you're offering, I might as well ask how much for this BT 20v?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Lauren,

Depends on what's available at the time, but the last engine we supplied, which came from a low mileage (Around 70,000km) AE111, complete with all ancillaries, harness and ECU was about 1,350 GBP incl. shipping to UK. It's now in a customer's AE86.

About 15 years ago I used an AE86 as a daily driver which included long trips from Sussex to Scotland for camping holidays & such. No reason why AE86's shouldn't be able to do mileage in Europe if in good working order, but you probably don't have a lot of confidence in your current engine. 16V 4AGE's are getting quite rare now too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts