GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay yay yay - just had a call from my dealer. He has spent all week hounding central transport team or whoever and my car is being delivered and released TOMORROW!!!!!

I can't wait - any suggestions of good drives in the yorkshire area.

Will take some good pics hopefully.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Impressive turn around. Mine was delivered this Monday, pick up Tuesday... as in next Tuesday :( It hadn't been booked in for PDI or parking sensors until I went to have a look at it!

Oh well, I guess there might be worse problems in the world somewhere, at a push.

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
lukester said:
Impressive turn around. Mine was delivered this Monday, pick up Tuesday... as in next Tuesday :( It hadn't been booked in for PDI or parking sensors until I went to have a look at it!

Oh well, I guess there might be worse problems in the world somewhere, at a push.
Thats shocking. Glad I didnt order from Cambridge Toyota!

My car was deleivered at abotu 2pm yesterdya and was PDI'd before the end of the day!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yeah. Mine is

1. wash with dodo juice "wookie" mit. Pricey but I'm pretty sure given the size of it all you have to do is sit it on the roof and the thing is done.
  2. TRIX + wash
  3. maybe clay + wash if it needs it
  4. either carlack nano care or sonus swirl buster depending on state of the paint
  5. as many coats of carlack long life sealant as I feel like doing
  6. maybe some coats of wax
  7. seal wheels with poorboys sealant
  8. and 303 fabric guard on the inside.

But then I am a big ocd-y nerd...

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm pretty sure there will be no need to clay it. I'm only about 10 miles from the dealer so I will take it straight home, give it a wipe down with Megs quick detailer then a coat of Autobrite 'to seal and protect' and then a coat of Dodo Juice Orange crush wax
Then drive.....
Only 7 more sleeps

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes mine is arriving in the morning getting superguarded and then ready for me to pick up after work and take home! Yeah - so not going to be able to sleep tonight!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Another black one in Leeds I'm gonna have to get rid their getting too common
I still haven't seen any others on the road yet and done 1000 + miles in mine, oh and the North York Moors are a fun place to go! Lots of corners to play with albeit under 4000 rpm.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I haven't seen you or any other black cars yet, maybe we are opposite sides of the city!? Will use your advice on the moors but take it nice and easy! Maybe ..........

·
Registered
686 Posts
Leeds - Harrogate - Ripon - Masham - Fearby Road to Lofthouse (awesome stretch of road) - Pateley Bridge - Harrogate - back track to Leeds.

To add some more, at Masham keep going to East Witton (you'll pass Brymor Ice Cream Parlour
)- Middleham (race horses / gallops and Castle) - Leyburn - just before Aysgarth take a left and follow road (B6160) through Buckden, Kettlewell, Grassington, Blubberhouses - Harrogate and back.

Top food at Blue Lion at East Witton, Black Sheep Bistro (Masham) and Swinton Park (Masham). Very nice arboretum between Masham and Bedale with great bird of prey centre too and Meerkats galore.

Get out and explore / enjoy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Very jealous - should have been picking mine up tomorrow too - but found out on Tuesday (my birthday too!!) that car is delayed for a week as they have run out of decals???? Should be delivered on Monday so can collect next weekend -
Glad you all have yours though ...................

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ooooooooooohhhh can't sleep thinking about tomorrow's delivery - think i'll have a couple of stiff drinks.
Might bump into you if I take it for a run in the dales on Sunday.
Depends if it's pissing down or not.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks - I've been following your thread about the cook-up re seats.
It all seems like waiting for a new date with a bird, the anticipation - better than the actual DEED!!!
He He

·
Registered
136 Posts
Picking mine up today at lunchtime, yehaaa!!! Got to say SLM St leonards have been great. Was due for delivery to them on the 11th but they hounded central despatch and had it delivered to them yesterday lunchtime, had it pdi'd in the afternoon at at the valet shop by 5.00. Weather looks fab this weekend and looking forward to 3 days mooching around the back roads of East Sussex.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.