GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just can't get enough of driving my car at the moment, so any excuse to go out in it makes me happy!

Seeing as I am only round the corner, im gonna pop into Petrol Head Nirvana tonight at Ace.... Any takers?

·
Registered
202 Posts
But where do you go for some decent roads, very hard to experience fast gear changes and a little bit of steer from the rear. Even on a Sunday hertfordshire isn't that great, just too many cars on the road. My ideal road would be some bendy nsl's linked up by roundabouts. The baldock buntingford route is okay but it doesn't last very long.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
GT86 said:
But where do you go for some decent roads, very hard to experience fast gear changes and a little bit of steer from the rear. Even on a Sunday hertfordshire isn't that great, just too many cars on the road. My ideal road would be some bendy nsl's linked up by roundabouts. The baldock buntingford route is okay but it doesn't last very long.

You should have come up to Yorkshire on Saturday. Loads of empty twisties in the Dales apart from the cyclists and the sheep.

Edited by: Musketeer

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
GT86 said:

Wales!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
GT86 said:
Tried the B656 between Hitchin and Codicote? At Codicote, head for the A1, but take the back road down to Welwyn (B197), then go thru' Lemsford and take the 653 to Wheathamstead (I'll be going along here myself tomorrow as I've got to go to Hemel, for my sins). You can actually follow this all the way to Luton Airport, for a quick blast down the 505 back to Hitchin for another lap;-)

I also like the back road from South Mimms to Radlett, which is not very twisty, but still a nice bit of road. You get the added bonus of watching all the traffic sitting on the car park;-)

If you don't mind country lanes, the Essendon Road from Hertford to Potters Bar is superb, although the stretch from Hertford to Essendon can be fraught due to the quarry trucks that go down there. After Essendon, it's great tho', with some nice sweeping bends. Also off that road is the road down to Cuffley, which brings you out at Cheshunt.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are like my local roads! can't believe you all drive/live so locally and I've not seen any of you! I basically live on that windey road between Radlett and shenley!

Always up for meeting up for a drive along any of the routes mentioned at the drop of a hat!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well, you won't see me (my GT is Ninja!;-)), as all I do is blat down the Stevenage/Hertford road twice a day. Rarely need to go near your end of Herts really.

We'll arrange some drives sometime soon. Need to finish running first;-)

Actually, on the way back from Hemel to Hertford today, I remembered the Old Welwyn Road, so I went for spin along there. Well, it was only a small detour;--)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.