GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
A tricky one that... I'm sure someone, somewhere will do a visor as an accessory. Try asking your Local Dealer for the part and see how much it will be. Most dealers will have access to a system which will show it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
dont remove it. In years to come when this car is a classic this sticker will be the differnece

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
I too have been considering this.

A most disturbing problem this is... Whether it is right to remove these stickers at all for safety advice on there...

But most unsightly, they are.

Contemplate this further, I will.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I can confirm - it's a bad idea trying to remove them. Lucky for you guys there are people like me who just can't leave things alone.

The stickers are made from a very elastic type of plastic and the glue is extremely sticky. It took me almost an hour to remove 1/8th of the thing using heat from a hair dryer and a credit card, and it looks bad once removed. Not the end of the world though, I'll remove it bit by bit until it's all gone then have a nice 86 sticker made to fit over it.

Far from a quick & easy solution but it should look good again soon enough.

Edited by: sav.za

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think it would always show unfortunately.

Turns out a brand new visor is 55GBP so not to bad. I wonder if that would come without the stickers?

BTW
The dealer said a visor for a Corolla is actually more expensive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Senna said:

A most disturbing problem this is... Whether it is right to remove these stickers at all for safety advice on there...

Yoda, is that you?

·
Registered
571 Posts
LancasterRayleigh said:
Senna said:

Yoda, is that you?
Yoda he is not. A great Jedi Master is Senna. Inability to distinguish the two Masters reveals your ignorance. Lead to quick death, ignorance will.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.