GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my car for just a week now but noticed yesterday that the two black strips on the roof looked scuffed with a white residue, this is most likely from the Supaguard, should I get these two plastic strips replaced ?

Also I have some small scratches on the roof can these be taken out with polish now that the car has Supaguard on it ..

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think I may give mine a closer look over tonight as it also had quite a bit of unbuffed wax when I collected. Methinks whoever is cleaning these cars isn't particularly bothered about good service!

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Sounds like careless waxing / supaguard application...

Glad I did my own... no problems in that area.

Edited by: Senna

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
In my opinion, dealer applied Supaguard is a total rip off. I worked for the Toyota plant in South Africa for 24 years, and one of my positions was the assembly plant Quality Manager. In this role I was the final point of contact between Toyota SA and the customer, when the dealers and Marketing company could not address customers complaints. The biggest single paintissue was complaintsresulting from dealer applied Sapaguard! As far as the customer was concerned, it did not matter if it was a factory issue or not - they bought the car from 'Toyota', andToyota was responsible. After this, I was the Paint Plant General Manager, so have a fair knowledge of automotive paint
. The problem with Supaguard is, if it is not applied properly, you end up with the issue the OP is facing. Also, when it is applied, they usually use a lambs wool mop on a polishing machine, which is the worst possible way to polish a car. 99% of the time, after a car has been polished with a lambs wool mop you end up with the car being covered with swirl marks. Park the car in the sun, and it looks really cra*p!<div sab="813">My advice - take it back and get it sorted by the dealer! Also, check for swirl marks, as removing is a real pita

<div sab="815">
<div sab="816">Dave

Edited by: Pitman

·
Registered
571 Posts
There you have it, Dave is the man in the know. Take it back and let the dealer sort out the problem they created. So glad I took my unwashed car straight to the detailer. No swirls or marks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.