GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
I have just had fault P0352 (cylinder 2 coil issue) pop up and would appreciate any feedback from others who have had this fault and coil and/or harness work completed under warranty. My questions are:
1. The CEL has come on and off twice, now off but still with code showing when scanned. I think I read about people struggling with Toyota doing work unless the CEL was actually on? The dealer has suggested they will charge upto £150 "investigation fee" if it is not under warranty. They already refused o change the knackered rear diff mount under warranty because "it is made of rubber sir".
2. Has anyone used the "Toyota Relax" warranty. My car is 2014, but since I serviced with the dealer, it has extended the warranty. It certainly cost enough - £250 to change the oil.
3. I also have fault U0155 which is "data bus , instrumentation control module - no communication". Has anyone seen that before?
The car is 2014, 67k miles, standard, and working fine.
Thanks

·
Registered
473 Posts
1. When mine went, I got told as long as I don't clear it, even if the CEL is off, they can replace it under warranty because the code is still there. If you clear it, they have no code for the warranty claim
2. I haven't, but I would expect a coil pack to be covered as it's not a wear and tear item.
3. This is generally caused by having a obd device connected when you start the car

·
Registered
202 Posts
Rubber or not 10 year warranty is 10 year warranty. I had air con condenser replaced earlier this year after a struggle!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Quick update - I picked the car up today with 1 coil pack replaced and after a push they did the rear diff mount bush also (which they had quoted at £450!). So, happy with that and looks like the "Relax" warranty may be worth it for a couple of years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts