GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so we've all ordered our cars (some of us are lucky enough to have them), and we've chosen our colours (mine's grey .. but close call with Blue and Irn Bru). what's missing in the range? What other colours would set the 86 off? I'd be interested in a deep racing green and, especially, the cherry red that the FT86 was shown in. Anyone for yellow?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Yes! I would have liked a British Racing Green option. I had a BRG Lancia Beta Coupé 2000 many years agos. Lovely car that was.
For some odd reason, Toyota don't seem to offer a green option for any of their cars, even the hybrids!!!!
This morning I was at my local Toyota dealership and there was a Yaris in metallic 'Burning Red' which I think is a stunning colour and would look good on the 86.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Metallic cherry red would do it for me. I think that would look spectacular

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I would have jumped all over a liquid yellow from the Renaultsports

Even if Toyota were to charge £1600 for it

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Just like this

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
That yellow you've tweeked gt_sjo is a very nice yellow.....love yellow cars but it has to be the right type of yellow, a very vibrant and deep yellow, rather than the dull and pale yellows you see on mini's etc.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Habu said:
That yellow mockup is sublime - that's got to be a midlife update colour

But green, c'mon, they did a gen 7 Celica in that colour and it looked a dog.
Yea .. I agree, but that wasnt racing green, and a completely different car

·
Registered
619 Posts
Toyota do an Amethyst colour which i saw today which would have looked good. Like a version of Midnight Purple which came on the Skyline R33

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
R32 GTR said:
Toyota do an Amethyst colour which i saw today which would have looked good. Like a version of Midnight Purple which came on the Skyline R33

Yeah. I've seen that on the Urban Cruiser (that's a car, not a dodgy guy in the park). I wasn't taken with it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.