GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, we placed our order yesterday and had it confirmed today. We've gone for a manual in metallic grey with the black leather and alcantara trim. We've also requesred the touch and go system as we got used to the integrated system in our Auris SR. 6 weeks is going to seem like an eternity, especially as we've been like 2 kids on Christmas eve since our test drive. As ex Impreza owners we were well impressed to be driving boxer power again and the normally aspirated version in the gt86 was better than we expected. Is it September yet?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Welcome! Good colour choice. Beleive me a few of us on here have had orders in since December- Feb, so we feel your pain!!! In a couple of weeks youll see a few pictures of owners cars. Mines a grey so hope it will wet your appetite even more!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
congratulations the wait is killing me as well

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our appetites are wet but looking forward to seeing your pics. I really am still felling the buzz from our test drive. Our last two toys have been high power subaru's so wasn't expecting to be blown away quite so much. Without wanting to sound too geeky, the car really does feel designed for pure driving experience which allows for the lower hp than we're used to. Why did i ever stray from rwd?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I agree. I'm not so used to high power (had a company car Impreza for a month once) and not a race driver but this car grabbed me like nothing else i've driven. I even ordered it before i drove it!! Wasnt dissapointed. In fact surpassed all expectations. It's a beaut

G

·
bri n vet said:
... Why did i ever stray from rwd?
< id="_clearly_component__" ="text/">#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; } <div id="_clearly_component__next_pages_container">
My last few cars have been TVR, BMWs and 350Z; all RWD with way more power.
Still ordered the 86 though.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Good to know. And why exactly? :)

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
think we are all like kids in a sweet shop

can't wait for my car as well

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Hi and welcome!

Curious as to what made you opt for the Toyota and not the Scooby version with you being ex-owners of them in the past?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, we've got an Auris SR that we've had since 2010 and we'd be looking to trade it in for a new one soon anyway. We've had Toyota's as our family cars for a while now and love the customer service so were keen to stay with them. Plus there's the wait time for the subaru release.......

·
Registered
363 Posts
The wait is horrible... I am impatient already. 26th September.... Thank goodness I have a 2 week holiday in between now and then!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts