GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been planning to get a GT86 ever since I found out it was in the advanced concept stage and am delighted that the real thing is as awesome as it is.

My only problem is that I can't decide on what colour to get. I've ruled out black, red, grey and silver for various reasons but really can't decide between the white, blue or orange. Any suggestions would be greatfully accepted!

At this stage I'm leaning towards the blue manual with the JBL sound system, I'm toying with the idea of getting the silver bonnet decals and potentially the red leather interior. I know someone has commented that this would be their nightmare but I'm interested to see what this would look like!

Is anyone any good with images and would be able to provide me with a mock up of what this would look like? I am yet to see the red leather interior and so am not sure yet, what are other peoples opinions?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts

best i could do in 15 minutes. that blue doesnt seem to be anywhere in the spectrum... and yes, it is very very very very very very very low-res. and i just noticed there's a hint of orange peaking out at the front wheel... well, u get the idea where it counts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
do not get the JBL system, its not worth it. Nor is it set up right, ive heard it and the salesman even told me not to get it haha. The decals personally i find are tacky but i almost got the blue myself. Opted for the white though.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
dealer told me the same thing. standard system when set up right sounds just fine. if u want to get some better sound later, you can get better value for your money. same with the decals. get an aftermarket shop to put something down at about half the price.

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
ob1kxb said:
dealer told me the same thing. standard system when set up right sounds just fine. if u want to get some better sound later, you can get better value for your money. same with the decals. get an aftermarket shop to put something down at about half the price.

Hmm, I felt massively unimpressed with the stock system, it had no welly to it. I still haven't heard the JBL system yet, though I will be looking at this as my dealer now has one installed.

I'll bet that the stock system could be transformed with an active sub in the wheel well.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Blue is darker than that pic - much darker than the subaru wr blue, and in my opinion looks good
(but then it's the colour I chose).

I'm not a decal fan...they (might) look good now, but will you regret them in a couple of years?

Sounds system definitely needs an upgrade - it's the one thing that's stretching my budget...Litchfield upgrade plus new sounds is a bit too far, so will end up doing ECU reflash first then zorst later so I can accommodate some decent sounds...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ob1kxb said:

best i could do in 15 minutes. that blue doesnt seem to be anywhere in the spectrum... and yes, it is very very very very very very very low-res. and i just noticed there's a hint of orange peaking out at the front wheel... well, u get the idea where it counts
Thanks for the mock up! I think I've settled on the blue as there are far too many white cars on the road now for it to stand out, the orange wasn't quite as awesome as I'd thought it would be when I saw it in person and it's also one of the most popular colours for the GT86 so I'll go for another, hence step forward the blue.

I'm undecided about the decals but I want it to stand out from the crowd! Does anyone know where I could see the blue with silver decals anywhere near Reading or does anyone have any photo's I could look at?

I'll go and test the standard sound system myself before deciding on the JBL, but I have heard great things about it, despite the price. I'll also think I'll go for the red interior but would also like to see it in person before I decide. Has anyone else got the red interior (thoughts)?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
ob1kxb said:

I think I've seen something like this blue; wait a minute

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
LOL....yeah, that blue is way too bright compared to the Toyota's blue, Toyota's blue is a lot lot darker but at the same time, you can almost see sparkly flakes in the paint so it nice in the sun light, they're both awesome blues!
Edited by: Keethos

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
In my view, the Toyota blue is much too dark, and whilst it looks really nice on a bright sunny day, it's not so good to look at on a gloomy day or in the evening.

I think the white looks really nice in all lighting conditions.

Would avoid the stripes though, they won't age well...

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
Lauren said:
ob1kxb said:

Hmm, I felt massively unimpressed with the stock system, it had no welly to it. I still haven't heard the JBL system yet, though I will be looking at this as my dealer now has one installed.

I'll bet that the stock system could be transformed with an active sub in the wheel well.
It dpeneds on the sound you are trying to get. Im a bit of an audiophile, and to my surprise and delight with good source material (well reocorded CD or lossless WMA) it sounded wonderfully neutral. Then again im not look for earth shattering bass, but it does punch out the Black Eyed Peas Elephunk Album petty nicely. I was very surprised at the definiton of the cymbals and high notes. Those dash speakers really throw it out nicley creating a soundstage. It the best standard stereo I have heard outside of a premuim brand car (Audi A4's now come with a stupidly good and powerful system with a sub) for a car.

I fint the best setting are all set to the middle, unchanged over stock. Depending on recording I sometime reduce the treble slightly as if it bandly recorded it does ring in your ears a bit....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for that!
I thinkI'll avoid the stripes for now as I wasn't a massive fan of the combination.

On a separate note, my dealer has informed me if I want a blue one with red leather seats I will have to wait until December. Apparently there is some sort of delay with the red leather, has anyone else heard this? Could this be due to a problem with the leather or just supply shortages?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.