GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new member on forum today.Picked up car 11th September. White M/T. Leather.
Swapped Golf GTI and S2000 for the GT86.( An old but much loved Honda).
Test drove auto but thought box was not as good as the DSG on Golf and wanted a manual anyway as I hardly drive in traffic. Loved the car: perfect replacement for the two that went.
Did 800 miles quite quickly (time wise officer!)
All below 4000rpm and all V power or BP Ultimate plus mostly long 150-200 mile trips.
Car is great, handles brilliantly and is rock solid in the wet: if you have an educated right foot and a functioning brain cell or two.
Picked up massive stone chip in second week of ownership which was tricky to repair so decided to get protection film on whole front from Paintshield in Peterborough. Job was done yesterday and it looks really good. It is expensive but when you see what they do you can understand why. The film is self healing and you can remove swirls and small scratches with hot water. They gave me a demo of the self healing and it is remarkable. Really nice people to deal with.
Fixed rear arch holes with white domed blanking plugs from www.componentforce.co.uk part number DBP157. All Good news....except.

Had rough idle following one 125 mile non-stop run but no CEL. When I took car to Paintshield the idle was so low I had to keep the revs up in traffic to stop the car stalling. Car stalled within yards of Paintshield and CEL and trac lights came on, which frankly I was expecting. Restarted OK and drove last bit fine. Rang dealer: they advised not to drive the car so had it recovered to dealer once protection film fitted.
Dealer has not worked on a GT86 before. I suggested they may well need to replace the ECU and referred them to the article from Autoweek US. Now have an Aygo to enjoy and no word today on what is being done to my car.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Hi, hope they get you sorted soon, an Aygo just doesn't quite compare.

Where in the UK are you ?

Alec

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Rayzor said:
Yes not quite the same. No CEL though.
I am in Cambridgeshire.
There are a few of you round Cambridge

Owner map

Just lobbed you in roughly, let me know if you want a particular town/village

AlecEdited by: keelerad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.