GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.

'Tripple Ecks' has turned up!!! Went to the dealers in Chelmsford and found it being spruced up. It looks beautiful (I'm biased; it is my baby).

Due to pick it up at 09:00 tomorrow morning. Someone else is also picking theirs up at the same time. Is it one of you guys? If it is, we'll have to chat.

Here are a few photos of 'Tripple Ecks'.

Edited by: Musketeer

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Happy Days! Bet you won't sleep tonight!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Recognise that place and the Celica in the background

I bet you will be like a kid at Christmas eve tonight !

Have fun tomorrow!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Congratulations enjoy, we have all been waiting a long time for this moment

I went to the dealers today and saw mine which arrived yesterday, but like a twit never thought to take any photos of it mind you it was still covered in stickers awaiting PDI etcCan't wait till Thursday when I can collect it

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Musketeer said:
I should point out that I am getting the GB plates as I will be going abroad in it. They made a mistake which I quickly pointed out.

I'm the opposite, got the blue euro plates and currently waiting for dealer to get me plain ones.

Car looks great!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I had missed this and just sent you a message saying I thought I may have seen your car, were you trading in a car or in a Morgan as they are the only two people I remember? I was a scruff in converse and a tshirt, ruining the standard toyota look!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jimgreen83 said:
I had missed this and just sent you a message saying I thought I may have seen your car, were you trading in a car or in a Morgan as they are the only two people I remember? I was a scruff in converse and a tshirt, ruining the standard toyota look!
I'm trading in my Auris SR. I don't think I was there when you turned up Jim. It was about 17:45 when I took the photos.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Targ86 said:
The standard look at a Toyota dealership these days, with an average ownership age of 56 is; completely dressed in beige, elasticated waistband on trousers and a flat cap.
You've been spying haven't you?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Typical, haven't seen any on the roads round here, then when I get mine in a couple of weeks the roads will be full of them

Hope you guys enjoy your first day with the GTEdited by: Martin F

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, collected 'Tripple Ecks' this morning at 9am. Spent the whole day finding excuses to take her out. Went to some friends in Sudbury in Suffolk and surprised them with my new baby. Approving looks all round.
Classic moment when returning home this evening. Passed through Halstead in Essex when a group of youngsters, both men and women, spotted me. In unison, they face the car and followed it as I drove past. Seeing them standing there with their mouths open in the rear view mirror will stay with me for ever. Shame I don't have a photo of it.

I've been (trying) to keep the revs below 4,000, but the engine is struggling to pass that barrier at every opportunity.
Had one 'tail-out' moment in Sudbury as I turned a sharp right at some traffic lights, and that was with all the 'safety' features turned on.
I love this car!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.