GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 6 weeks with my BRZ. 4,500 miles so far. North Wales twice and the Isle of Man (with family of four - stunning versatility!). Memories of my AE86 came flooding back hacking around the TT course and down some of the classic rally stages over there.
I guess everyone's waiting for the engine remap to smooth the torque curve out and some beefier head lamps?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ta.
Picked the BRZ due to short lead time and ( I hesitate to suggest this, for fear of being lynched ) the front end looks better.... Oh, in blue it's stunning!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
ShinyBRZ said:
Ta.
Picked the BRZ due to short lead time and ( I hesitate to suggest this, for fear of being lynched ) the front end looks better.... Oh, in blue it's stunning!
I agree that the front end looks more aggressive. I've seen the WRC Blue, nice and bright.

Still running my GT86 in, 350 miles to go.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I chose the gt86 for the same reason preferred the front end, thought the brz looked like it was wearing a gum shield (rugby player in me talking) but I do love the wr blue and the wait was a big factor!!
Though each to their own and they are both stunning cars, enjoy, I still got 10 days to wait!!!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I can only assume Senna has not got up yet.

Shiny; the more the merrier especially as that makes 2 of us

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Welcome ShinyBRZ.

Sounds like you and the family are having fun with the new motor. Are your kids still in kiddy car seats then or did you chop their legs off so they could get in the back?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They're still in their kiddie seats. To be fair it is easier in the wife's 4 door car to strap 'em in and my ar5e does get wet when it's stuck out in the rain and they're not co-operating with seat belts!
The boys are comfortable and both love the car and noises it makes. They've been trained to tell everyone, "It's a B R Z with a sticky diff, boxer engine and it's rear wheel drive!"
However, the minor inconveniences far outweigh my smugness when I see the glances I'm getting from the other fathers at drop off and pickup time at the nursery, from their company audis, Hondas and VWs.
Oh yeah, something useful - the Jane Monte Carlo seats are a lovely fit.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Pop my 3.5 year old in occasionally, for short trips.

Usually move the passenger seat halfway forward to keep his feet off the seat back

That said, we did go away for a family weekend in it, wife in front passenger seat and no one was cramped. Perfectly usable.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
ICantAffordAnLFA said:
Pop my 3.5 year old in occasionally, for short trips.

Usually move the passenger seat halfway forward to keep his feet off the seat back

That said, we did go away for a family weekend in it, wife in front passenger seat and no one was cramped. Perfectly usable.
Nice. Just you wait when sprog is 6'6" tall and weighs 25 stones.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Exactly my situation
Kids love car but will not be in it much but at least have the option of using it for family time.......occasionally that is

Looking forward to the drive to work tomorrow to see what looks I get

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.