GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
None and past 1250 miles. Why would it use any oil though when your babying it, keeping it under 4k?

Ordered a 5 litre bottle of oil from ebay is well.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Mine has had about 1.5 litres in the first 3000 miles. My average mpg is 25.2, are these 2 things somehow related. I did treat it gently for the first 1000, didn't deliberately rag it until after then

Alec

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I'll be checking my oil level at 1k shortly before I change the oil! Not long now.

Just ordered a magnetic sump plug too.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In my experience, and this is by no means spoken with an engineer's authority or knowledge, the cars I have owned that have consumed lots of oil were normally the ones I ragged too early.

gt-sjo, where in Essex are you? It seems that an Essex meet may be worth organizing as there are certainly a few of us. And nowhere in Essex is hard to get to.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Did my first oil change at the weekend and at just shy of 3000 miles my oil level was nearing the minimum level.

It was quite interesting doing the oil change and seeing the amount of design work gone into the under covers. Was also quite surprising encountering a metal engine under cover, which is a good idea for protection, but not quite so good for light weight.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Martin F said:
Did my first oil change at the weekend and at just shy of 3000 miles my oil level was nearing the minimum level.

It was quite interesting doing the oil change and seeing the amount of design work gone into the under covers. Was also quite surprising encountering a metal engine under cover, which is a good idea for protection, but not quite so good for light weight.
but a very good idea for an engine mounted so low

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Just checked my oil at nearly 2000 miles and it seems to be about halfway down on the dipstick. I was wondering if that was excessive but looking on here, it seems to be within normal parameters.

I might be picking up some oil from Toyota for top ups by the looks of it.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Lauren said:
Just checked my oil at nearly 2000 miles and it seems to be about halfway down on the dipstick. I was wondering if that was excessive but looking on here, it seems to be within normal parameters.

I might be picking up some oil from Toyota for top ups by the looks of it.

Where was it on the dipstick when you picked up the car?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Rich at RRG did me a very good deal for 5 litres of the OEM Toyota.

Alec

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.