GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been on the Toyota site as they've now released the official performance figures for the GT86.
To be honest I'm a little disappointed in the 0-62mphas I'm after an Auto version. Seems Toyota's lack of a double clutch gearbox like for example what VW/Audi offer (S-Tronic), is sapping acceleration. Lets hope it handles like a dream!

0-62mph: manual: 7.6secs Auto: 8.2secs!

Top speed: Manual: 140mph Auto: 130mph

Combined MPG: Manual: 36.2mpg Auto: 39.8mpg

CO2:Manual 181g/km = £215!! Auto 164g/km= £170

Spoke to my local Toyota dealer on Wednesday, they're willing to take a £1000 "refundable" deposit on the car as they're that confident I'd want the car when it arrives having not seen it at point of order.

http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/frame_start.jsp?id=CC2-GT86-landing&CampaignID=C4377&BrochureRCode=RC65504&TestdriveRCode=RC65505&LID=Para-one

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks for that info en8wall.

I find it very odd that the consumption and emissions figures for the Manual are inferior to the Auto, but I must be out of touch with the wonders of cutting edge technology.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree, auto's are usually less efficent on fuel. I even just double checked what i'd typed by clicking on the link i've put at bottom of original post. It's true.

I'm only considering the auto, fed up with manuals. Must be getting old........

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,867 Posts
The Manual can only hit 59MPH in 2nd gear (thats actual measured, not speedo readout, it my well show 62MPH in 2nd at the rev limiter) so it requires a gear change to 3rd to get past the last 3MPH. Thats part of the reason why the manual 0-62 is low, another reason could be that toyota are being conservative. Toyota Europe at Geneva announced 0-62 as 6.9Seconds.

As for the auto, you cannot rev it up to get a good launch and the gear ratios are longer. I havent done the maths for the auto as im not buying one, but it the same box as in the IS250. THe longer gearing on the auto means that its doing abotu 1000RPM less at 75MPH than the manual and therefore using less fuel.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Little bit upset about the Tax band for the manual, but its no different to what I'm paying now I guess.

Everything else can be fixed

·
Registered
157 Posts
Is it just me or has anyone else been having naughty thoughts of buying a auto and then covnerting to manual just to save on tax?

Most likely not going to be cost effective option straight away unless you plan to keep it for a long time though.....or they increase the price of tax.....

Thats never going to happen is it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts