GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else got a place on Fiats 500 Abarth track day launch thingy tomorrow at Rockingham?

Turbo and FWD.... Must be work of the Sith...

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Interesting. Unfortunately you can't fully disable the stability control.

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Probably. I reckon you can't switch it off due to the limitations of the chassis.

I had a 100hp for 2.5 years and that didn't have ESP. It's not a car you can steer on the throttle unfortunately. Still, I'm sure you can still have some fun.

Edited by: Lauren

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
LOL!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, having a bit of a thrash in the Abarth 500 jobbies at Rockingham made me appreciate the balance of ours cars and the joy of RWD over FWD. Wasn't too impressed with them. A bit less grip at the back might have made the chassis work better. Even the race driver giving the "hot rides" seemed to be struggling with getting the power down and there didn't seem to be too much in the way of adjustability via throttle input.
Shame, really, as they seem to be making an effort to build some decent little warm & hot hatches. They've got a decent name that suggests "sportiness", but nothing for an enthusiast.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Many years ago, before the age of electronics, I had a Samba S. It was ok until I put some remoulds on the back and then it was transformed from a pretty stable thing to a tremendously well balanced, slightly oversteery little bundle of fun that actually had more overall grip!! In at nstance crappy tyres were the way forwards (and a bit sideways!).
Maybe all the Abarths need are a pair of HP Primacys on the back!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.