GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a few of us are interested in fitting the reversing camera to our cars and I was wondering if you had the latest version of the EPC available to you if you're able to find the part number and offer us a good price.

It's not a standard accessory in the UK, but at least one of the European owners on here has been offered it as an accessory.

TIA

G

·
Not wishing to appear pikey, it'd be a nice feature, but not one I'm willing to pay so much for. I'll monitor thread and express interest if I find the price acceptable.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Martin F said:
I know a few of us are interested in fitting the reversing camera to our cars and I was wondering if you had the latest version of the EPC available to you if you're able to find the part number and offer us a good price.

It's not a standard accessory in the UK, but at least one of the European owners on here has been offered it as an accessory.

TIA

Any update on cost and availability yet please?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Celica66 said:
Martin F said:

TIA

Any update on cost and availability yet please?
Will have it shortly for you....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Martin F said:

TIA
Toyota reverse camera's are as far as we can tell factory fit items only.

We can't think of any model that has it as a dealer accessory in Europe.

I have checked the Toyota EPC for EU, Japan and USA and it's not listed as an option.

I think the USA uses a Subaru Sourced Fujitsu stereo and the Japan Spec version doesn't list the Radio / Stereo on the EPC, so it must be a dealer fitted item.

We all know the touch and go is capable of working with a camera (as fitted on the Auris and other models) but the wiring seems to be missing on the GT86.

The Camera on the Auris RRP is £480 EX VAT !

Can the person who was offered it as an option tell us who / what dealer offered it ?

G

·
Wowza! Thanks for looking into it, but that price has scared me off.Maybe others may still be interested.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
213 Posts
GT86Owner said:
I believe it was ob1kxb from Belgium. However I cant find the post where he mentioned it

*edit

Found it here
According to TGB, no option / product available as yet in Europe, although TME are working on it.

I think the Dealer / Sales guy in Belgium was probably offering something that he couldn't deliver.

My friend in Sales here in the UK says there is 100% currently no option for it in Europe.

So, to conclude i think it's unlikely it will be released as an accessory, but on future editions it will be available as a factory option.

On a seperate note, We are looking forward to TRD parts being released to UK Dealers via the normal accessory ordering system in January, it will be interesting to see what prices they will be offering the items at, giving that the Yen is so strong.

http://newsroom.toyota.eu/newsrelea...r=trd-performance-line-accessories-gt86&mid=1

·
Registered
213 Posts
Martin F said:
Allegedly (according to a post on the Aussie forums) the part number is PZQ9012030, but that doesn't look like any Toyota part number i've seen before.

The post is here: http://gt86.com.au/forum/f16/reverse-camera-541/#post7464
Australia uses the Sat Nav as fitted in there Corrola for the GT86, this camera option above only works with there Nav System, So this wouldn't work in EU.

Listed as: PZQ9012030 Toyota Corolla Sedan Rear View Camera
For use in conjunction with Display Audio PZQ6000521PA, Audio w/Navigation PZQ6000531PA

Edited by: CTP PARTS

G

·
CTP PARTS said:
On a seperate note, We are looking forward to TRD parts being released to UK Dealers via the normal accessory ordering system in January, it will be interesting to see what prices they will be offering the items at, giving that the Yen is so strong.

http://newsroom.toyota.eu/newsrelea...r=trd-performance-line-accessories-gt86&mid=1
I'm liking the rear spoiler... not so sure about any of the rest though.

The UK/Euro standard rear wing affair is just cheesy and my only real moan about the 86's overall appearance. Just too fiddly andreminiscentof the Celica.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
CTP PARTS said:
Australia uses the Sat Nav as fitted in there Corrola for the GT86, this camera option above only works with there Nav System, So this wouldn't work in EU.

Listed as: PZQ9012030 Toyota Corolla Sedan Rear View Camera
For use in conjunction with Display Audio PZQ6000521PA, Audio w/Navigation PZQ6000531PA

OK, Thanks for looking into this for us.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.