GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hello and welcome :)

This has come up a couple of times and it looks like 'the filter', is just the sock on bottom of the in tank pump.
Sadly, the sock is not a part than can be purchased on it's own. I comes with the pump.

How much does yours "need" changing? If it really does, might be best to look for a universal one to retrofit, or clean out the existing one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and welcome :)

This has come up a couple of times and it looks like 'the filter', is just the sock on bottom of the in tank pump.
Sadly, the sock is not a part than can be purchased on it's own. I comes with the pump.

How much does yours "need" changing? If it really does, might be best to look for a universal one to retrofit, or clean out the existing one?
Hello! Thank you!
My car is ready for it's major service and I'm sure it wouldn't hurt for it to be replaced, but I've heard that it isn't a straight forward fix. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Hello! Thank you!
My car is ready for it's major service and I'm sure it wouldn't hurt for it to be replaced, but I've heard that it isn't a straight forward fix. Thanks for the link!
The guidance is 8 yrs or 80K miles before it needs to be considered. So just bear that in mind.

The fuel tank is below the rear seat. So the seat base needs to come out and the pump pulled out and replaced which many do if they go forced induction to increase fuel flow rate. Not hard to do but not as simple as under the bonnet type replacement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The guidance is 8 yrs or 80K miles before it needs to be considered. So just bear that in mind.

The fuel tank is below the rear seat. So the seat base needs to come out and the pump pulled out and replaced which many do if they go forced induction to increase fuel flow rate. Not hard to do but not as simple as under the bonnet type replacement.
My car is ready for it's 80k major service!
It's not turbocharged or supercharged, but it has had an NA remap and tune by fensport. I'd like to get it replaced out of peace of mind more than anything.
I do have a part that I purchased from a toyota dealership last year and the part number is: SU003-04166 BRKT PUMP. I'm not certain if that's the complete pump/filter assembly though?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts